Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Android 9.0 S9+ update?

Liger05
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi can someone please confirm if contract Vodafone handsets are now running Android Pie?

I have the S9+ and am running on android 8.0 which is ridiculous. 

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Check if anything is available via Samsung Smartswitch.

Vodafone have this info in regards to their branded phones 》 Firmware Statement. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Isn't smartswitch just there to transfer data to and from other devices. 

BandOfBrothers

From smart-switch 

"Samsung Smart Switch

Data backup, restoration, synchronisation, and software updates are now managed in one place.

Enjoy the new Smart Switch. Updated menus make it even easier to use. "

how-update-your-samsung-phone-smart-switch. 

Current Phone  >

mine says the latest software is up to date? even though its from jan 2018!? there has been two massive updates since then and all vodafone say is its not available for my phone which is rubbish its a s9 

It's not just the firmware it's also the security updates that are important !

Vodafone won't advise on timeframes as per the info in 》 Firmware 

A Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre won't be able to help with a branded Samsung phone either as far as I'm aware because it's Vodafones own blend of firmware on their phones.

This is one of the reasons I decide to buy my phones directly from Samsung. I appreciate that's not an option for everyone.

One option is a Custom Rom but that can come with consequences if the wrong Rom is downloaded or it glitches which can in extreme situations lead to an unstable phone or even worse a non working phone.

Also see the part in the Firmware link I added in regards to what can happen with warranty if a person downloads firmwares.

The site xdadevelopers has some good tutorials.

Disclaimer 》 A person undertakes using a Custom Rom at their own informed decision.

Current Phone  >