Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apps

CKnight1110
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All, Just wondered is anyone having a problem with their Apps on their phone? Since last night certain apps on phone such as google, Email, Vodafone ect won't connect and keep saying App has stopped. Its happening to husband as well. We are in the London arear. I have updated phone, restarted and still keeps happening. I have a samsung A40

Many Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@KakaKabani 

It's a mix by some.

Some are disabling then updating and then turning off automatic updates.

Some are just disabling it for now.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

@KakaKabani wrote:

Okay, Android system webview is already disabled on my Vodafone.

But the apps still crash on trying to open. Do you try and enable it and update?

Thanks a lot.

Make sure Chrome is updated as well.   System Web View is disabled on my Sony L3, but updating Chrome has fixed the issue. (phew!)

Thanks this was helpful. I guess updating chrome fixed the issue for me.

hrym

On some devices, to see Webview, you need to tap the three dots at the top right of the Apps list under System settings and check "show system".  If it's disabled, just leave it - it is on some devices and I think this may have been done by Google as part of the fix,  Don't worry - updating Chrome should fix the crashing problem.

Just updated Chrome and so far seems ok still got webview disabled will they (samsung/google) supply an new up- dated file.

cheers for the info

gordon8wp
4: Newbie

It seems like it happens on certain devices. In certain cases, it's all about devices, but sometimes it also depends on applications, and how developers has been making them, as well as their time spending on making different types of patches and maintenance. Talking of which, I one at least one reliable software dev agency ( link: https://www.miquido.com/ ) called Miquido. When our small company had some software problems and we had to implement some new features, we've asked them and got the best service we could expect.

hrym

@gordon8wp wrote:

It seems like it happens on certain devices.

It should be fixed now, as long as System Webview and Chrome are fully updated.