Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Apps

CKnight1110
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi All, Just wondered is anyone having a problem with their Apps on their phone? Since last night certain apps on phone such as google, Email, Vodafone ect won't connect and keep saying App has stopped. Its happening to husband as well. We are in the London arear. I have updated phone, restarted and still keeps happening. I have a samsung A40

Many Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Yes the recent android update has caused this.

Disable or uninstall android webview until they send out a patch @CKnight1110 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/temporary-fix-for-app-crashing-issue/td-p/3117... 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

you star that has worked thank you ever so much

You're very welcome @CKnight1110  :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

Thanks for reply, i disabled webview but still had problems so went to chrome which helped a lot 

and most apps are now working but not all.. think i;'ll leave it like this until they come out with an official fix as there seems to be several slightly differant one going round.

cheers

KakaKabani
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I am having exactly the same issue on my VFD 710 Smart V8 Vodafone.

Since this morning , I can't open some of my crypto wallet apps, Gmail, opera mini, my Vodafone, Google play store and services. They all keep saying app stoped, Apps keeps stopping. This is bothering me a lot.

Please I need help. Thanks

BandOfBrothers

@KakaKabani 

Take a look at my earlier reply please. 

Current Phone  >

I am sorry, but i dont see how your earlier response to knight relates to my case cos I don't use any Samsung product and nothing like android webview on my Vodafone Smart V8 VFD 710.

Kindly make it clear what exactly I must do in my case. THANKS

BandOfBrothers

@KakaKabani 

Theverge.com/platform/google-android-apps-crashing-fix-system-webview May help then.

Current Phone  >

Okay, Android system webview is already disabled on my Vodafone.

But the apps still crash on trying to open. Do you try and enable it and update?

Thanks a lot.