Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Can't enable WiFi Calling

gtargui
1: Seeker

Hi,

I have enabled WiFi calling on my account and then followed this guide on the Vodafone website, however the option to enable it isn't here

Screenshot_20200908-233411_Call settings.jpg

Could anyone give me any advice? I enabled it on Sunday. It said that it would take 24 hours to enable and that I would have to restart my phone.

I have restarted my phone multiple times today and have had nothing.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

@gtargui 

If you place your phone in Flight Mode and then toggle Wifi back On does Calling Over Wi-Fi work or not  ?

Also from Vodafone Calling Over Wi-Fi   "All the devices on this page will support WiFi calling when you buy them directly from us. Please note that phones bought from other UK telecom providers are unlikely to support our WiFi calling, with the exception of iPhones, which should work regardless.

Devices might not be compatible when bought from third parties, we’re working with these other manufacturers to add our settings."

If your phone falls into the eligibility category then ask customer service to send you an over the air configuration to see if that gets the phone to work.

Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings, scroll down and choose the Application icon
Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK"

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

MarkPG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was also struggling to enable WiFi Calling on my Moto g(30).  WiFi Calling was enabled on my calling plan but I couldn't get it to work on my handset, so I thought my device must be incompatible.  I eventually discovered that there is a separate requirement to activate WiFi Calling.  Subscribers need to text CALLING to 97888.  Vodafone then text back to confirm that the service is active.  Magically the required menu option then became visible on my handset, and it's now working fine

chistery
16: Advanced member
16: Advanced member

Vodafone saying it's unlikely to work on phones bought elsewhere is just the usual Vodafone dishonesty policy to lie to and mislead customers as much as possible.

hrym

Most of the Moto range isn't compatible, sadly.   It does work on at least some independently bought devices, though.  My wife has a Sony L3 that gained it straight from the box.