Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contacts not responding

MikeRose
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Vodafone Smart X9 LOSS OF CONTACTS.

I click on contacts, the total list is there but when I click on one; the screen goes blank then goes black you can then click on the home button and it goes back to the home screen.  Everything else works!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hrym
17: Community Champion

In the first instance, try clearing Recent Apps.   Sometimes the app gets corrupted in memory and this will force a full reload.

If that fails, go into Settings|Apps and force stop and clear data for Contacts (don't worry, you won't lose anything - though a backup never hurt!).

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

hrym

In the first instance, try clearing Recent Apps.   Sometimes the app gets corrupted in memory and this will force a full reload.

If that fails, go into Settings|Apps and force stop and clear data for Contacts (don't worry, you won't lose anything - though a backup never hurt!).

Many thanks it worked

hrym

Glad to hear it. That simple action can be your best friend in a lot of perplexing situations.

1. I have had the same problem and have tried both suggestions but neither have worked. Have you any other suggestions

hrym

I presme you've tried restarting the phone?  If that doesn't work, try another Contacts app and see if that works OK.   If it does, the issue is with the one you have, rather than the contacts themselves.

1. Thankyou for your suggestion of trying another contacts app. That has worked so as you say I obviously had a problem with the previous contacts app. I just thought it was odd that I started with the problem the same day as the previous person. Thankyou again.

hrym

If you've cleared recent apps and data within the Contact app, the next thing would be to Force Stop it.   That absolutely means it'll have to be reloaded from scratch and could kick-start it back to life.

Thankyou, all sorted now.

blackshuck
4: Newbie

I've got the same issue with this app on my Vodafone X9 - uninstalled all the updates to the app & it now works .....