Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy Z Fold3 & SMS Short Code Problems - Error Code 0

jkwelsh
4: Newbie

I've had my Fold 3 for 3 months now, and have noticed that I'm unable to send SMS messages to any recipient that uses an SMS short code instead of a full mobile number.  

Here is the situation:

• All SMS' are received OK, including those that originate with a short code
  • I can send SMS messages to all regular mobile numbers without any issues
  • All messages to short codes fail, with an error message that says "Cant send message with Vodafone UK - error code 0"
  • I can send to the same short code using a different device & SIM (iPhone12) without any failure, so the short codes are valid

don't use short codes very often, but quite a few senders are now using them automatically (Banking/Home Security/Car Tracker etc.) and its becoming an issue as more organisations are resorting to automated SMS messaging due to covid induced call centre staff shortages.

Ive tried the suggestions when Googling Error Code 0, but they don't resolve the issue🤔

VFUK Message Centre is correctly set up, and there are no bars etc. on sending to premium rate numbers - even replies to TV competition short codes fail.

Has anyone else had similar issues, and any idea how to resolve?😖

TIA,

John.

C Level Mobile Telecoms Professional

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Problem  resolved 👍

Customer Services had me delete and reload all the (same...) Message Centre settings.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @jkwelsh 

Although you mention there are no bars on the account, the most likely reason for this would be a premium rate calls and texts restriction bar on your account, check your application or online > account manage bars and extras.

The best thing to do is to let the Social Team take a look at your account, you can speak to the Team here: Contact Us 

Hi AnnS,

Thanks for replying.

There are no premium rate calls or text bars applied to the account.  I checked this as part of my troubleshooting, using the My Vodafone app on the phone.

I did call into a local store, who blamed the short code, even though it works when used on other devices (with a different VF SIM) 🙄

It appears to be specific to the ZF3 as far as I can tell 🤓

Problem  resolved 👍

Customer Services had me delete and reload all the (same...) Message Centre settings.