Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How long for IMEI Blacklist removal.

BigLee
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Please help. I am trying to get a device working with Vodafone and going round in circles.I am having trouble using a Vodafone business sim in a mobile device... The sim is fine as works OK in another handset. In fact the sim works fine in
sim 1 slot of the handset I am using, however will not work in sim slot 2?? Just connects to Vodafone network and then I get a MM message saying Sim not allowed.
The IMEI of the device in Sim Slot 2 I want to use it with was barred by O2 accidentally, but they say they have lifted the barr, as confirmed by them Friday 07th August. I don't know what to do next to get it working with Vodafone.
If I use Vodafone sim in Slot 1 it woks fine, but I don't want to use it that way. So the replication of the barring Database hasnt filtered around it appears.
Some of the online IMEI checkers report the IMEI as "CLEAN" now (it was blacklisted last week) and another still shows "Blacklisted". So do I just have to wait? I have spent hours on the phone going around in circles.

10 REPLIES 10

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you contact the Social Media team on Facebook or Twitter, they'll be able to take you details and investigate offline (ie not while you're hanging on the phone).

I assume the device isn't locked to O2 or anything?

Well I had a loooong conversation with the gurus on social media, who basically told me they cant check anything and it must be O2 haven't lifted the barr correctly. 

Ah well. I have gone back to O2. Round the houses again!!!   I'll end up visiting an O2 shop and having a sit in protest. 

O2 have confirmed there is no barr their end. and yet it still doesn't work on Vodafone.   Virgin sim works fine.   This is very frustrating and looks like I am at a bit of an impasse.   I have it working with the sims   Voda sim slot 1 and Virgin sim slot 2 fine.  I didn't really want that, but at least  its is working that way.   This seems ludicrous. 

Well still not resolved...   Been reaching out on Twitter messages to Vodadfone but very slow responses.  I have confirmed that O2 have lifted the barr. I have paid for a checkmend report and that shows clean. But yet still imei.info shows blacklisted and sim still wont connect. in  At a bit of an impasse.  Will end up sitting in a vodafone shop until they sort it out.  Be warned  getting a barr lifted on a phone that has been barred (in error in this instance)  then getting that phone working on all UK networks seems an impossible task. 

For anyone interested I have to say that Vodafone cust services even through social media channels is shocking.   I still cant get a vodafone sim working correctly in sim slot 2.   (Virgin Sim  works fine).  Voda sim work in slot 1 fine.  I have been promised a call back 4 times now.   Have spent over an hour on the phone ( at a cost of over £7) and over an hour on online chat (with a chat reference) promising a call back.  No call back.   imei.info still shows my imei on slot 2 as blacklisted.  Have a friend in the industry who queried the GSMA database and can see the entry from 07/08 when O2 lifted the barr.  Have to say I am not very impressed.  Using the phone with sim cards reversed, but shouldn't have to use it this way.   Very frustrating.  Have an Twitter conversation message going back to 12/08.  If anyone from Vodafone sees this please can someone who can technically do something contact me.  PLEASE. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BigLee as we've no account access here and your Community and Twitter profiles aren't linked, we'd need you to reply to our latest DM. We'll be happy to pick this up, check you IMEI against our blacklist and remove this if needed.

I have replied. Multiple times. Awaiting call back.  Thanks.

So I got a call eventually.. Not what I wanted to hear. No one from Vodafone can check it !!!!  and I have to go via my employer and the reseller to get them to lift the barr...    This has been a shocking state of affairs that even though I have proof that my IMEI is not stolen and was an error and that O2 have registered a lift on the barr no one from Vodafone can allow my IMEI on the network or even check the Vodafone network for the barr.   It appears that the lifting of the barr hasn't replicated to the Vodafone blacklist database and the only way I can check is via online tools.  IMEI.info still has my IMEI as Blacklisted. I have gone back to previous employer to get them to sort it as was their fault.  Been trying to get this working over a month..   Funny thing is it is working fine with sim slots reversed. So I am using handset just dandy with Virgin sim in slot 2 and Vodafone sim in slot 1.   But that  is not how I want to use it and of course i paid a lot for this handset and bought it unlocked / outright and I want it to be usable that way. Very frustrated and spent literally hours and hours trying to get this resolved.. 

So for anyone still interested in this saga the issue has been resolved today......  I had to get a friend of a friend to speak to someone in VF and then eventually get proof of purchase etc so a special VF email address for stolen phones to lift the blacklist.   This seemed like so much hard work  but suffice to say if you stick with it you can eventually get this resolved.   Handset working perfectly on VF now. 

Phew.   

Cheers for anyone who offered support an advice.