Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Removing blacklist from my own phone

Meej
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I was mugged last week and so I reported it to Vodafone.

Someone found it and returned it to me and even though I have a new sim, I can’t get service as it has been blacklisted.

Vodafone say they can’t remove the blacklist as I didn’t buy it from them but  it’s not like I’ve bought a dodgy phone that I can’t use-I’ve had it for a year and I reported it as stolen so shouldn’t I be able to remove it?

can someone please help? 

thanks

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I'm assuming Vodafone UK applied the Blacklist on the phone's imei when you reported the incident so that will mean they then can remove the blacklist of its imei.

Or have they instead placed a block on your account to stop unauthorised usage.

That block needs removing.

Can you try another sim card in your phone to test this.

If it works then its not the phone thats been blacklisted.

If it says No Service then it is indeed the phone and still possibly your Vodafone account that needs the block lifting.

It does not matter that you've not bought it from them originally if you've been using the phone on their network as your phone's imei will be showing on their systems.

They wouldn't have been able to apply the imei blacklist in the first place if it wasn't.

Maybe the agent you've spoken with has got their advice wrong.

I'd suggest to call 191 , use Live and or contact the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll get you sorted.

On a side note if an insurance claim has been made then it's your responsibility to cancel the claim.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Meej 

If Customer Services are telling you they can't remove a IMEI blacklist after they place the bar they are telling you a load of nonsense.There is also the question of the block on the SIM card, you need to make sure this is fully removed.

Fortunately, by coming to the forum you have found the best place to get this solved.

good afternoon I have the problem about my phone and as well my phone cause for at the moment is blocked please help thanks Krzysztof 

Hi @Qwazimodo, if your phone is blacklisted, please contact us on Twitter or Facebook. The social media team will check the information on your account and help with the unblacklisting request. You can find all the contact details here, please include the device details and the reason for the request when you send the team a message.