Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Increasing the number of rings before voicemail kicks in

JDK1556
4: Newbie

I've been trying to increase the number of rings before my voicemail picks up to the maximum of 30 seconds.

I've tried the usual **61*121*11*30# numerous times, but it still remains at 15 seconds.  I've tried turning the mailbox function off and back on again. Still the same.  Tried vodafone web chat, they weren't able to help.  When i type *#61# it says it's set to 15 seconds.  I've tried turning my phone off and back on again, nothing seems to work.  Very frustrating.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Jayne.

26 REPLIES 26

I have tried the code given and also tried the 10 instead of 11 and neither work.  I am stuck with 15 seconds.  Even tried 25 seconds, rather than 30 and again I get 15 seconds.

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

The next thing we'd recommend @s50 would be to turn your voicemail off by dialing 1210 and then 1211 to turn it back on - once you've done this please dial **61*121*11*25# again. 

If this still doesn't work, contact us over social media and we can reset your voicemail completely. 

This advice does not work.   Tried many times and still only have the standard 15 seconds 😤

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry this isn't working for you @s50 - please get in touch over social media as mentioned above, so we can reset your voicemail service 👍 

Well, I tried what it said in voicemail support link, no joy, then tried 10 instead of 11 still no joy.

my phone is still set at 15 seconds.

s20 ultra

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Have you tried setting the ring time on the phone itself @akeister

Here's how: Open the Phone app on your phone. Type the following: * * 6 1 * 1 0 1 * * [15, 20, 25 or 30] # Press the call button. Which ever number of seconds you choose, the phone should then ring for before going to voicemail. Give that a try and let us know how you get on. 

Went into my local (Hamilton) shop on Saturday 4th Dec. 2021.

The guy told me he could set the ringtime to 25 seconds, which he said was the maximum.

Tried it today and it still only rings for 15 seconds.

Also, the * * 6 1 * 1 0 1 * * [15, 20, 25 or 30] # does not work and gives the message "connection problem or invalid MMI code.  Asssume it should be 121 instead of 101, although this does not work either.

I have Galaxy S10.  Anyone out there got a working solution ?

TJ

Try **61*121*10*(seconds in here)# then call @s50 - I have the S10 and this just worked on mine 😊

Hooray

At last 

Your Code worked a treat and contrary to what the Vodafone shop guy told me you can ring out for 30 seconds.

Thanks TJ

TJ

Brilliant @s50 😊 Glad I got there in the end! If there's anything else you need a hand with, you know where to find us!