Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Interesting. I've literally just been told that it will take until Thursday to get a decision on a replacement phone! 

Maybe the stocks have now run out, or maybe I've just been fed some bulls**t.

My money is on the latter...

I got told I cannot have a replacement because i have had it 7 months

Final reply then I'm going to get to grips with setting up mobile banking on the replacement phone which will take longer than dealing with voda tech dept.

All items electrical sold in the UK have to be 'fit for purpose' and will have minimum 12 months warrantee by law. When we were members of the EU it was 2 years but I'm afraid those days are gone.

Don't get bogged down in technical stuff or threats or speaking to CEO's etc. - the phone is broken - it is under warrantee - get a replacement - simples!

Tried the option above, being police and requesting a replacement device under warranty which they stayed they were unable to do as they do not know the fault without assessing the device first. I have no idea how you managed to just get a replacement sent, I spent an hour on the phone being very clear about it with no success. The best they offer is for it to be sent for repair (after just saying it was Xiaomi at fault) and then a replacement being issued if it is not able to be fixed. Now I'm going to have to magically conjure up a spare handset to use for work as when I leave the house I have no network at all. Honestly the more I speak to Vodafone the angrier and more frustrated I get. I've never experienced such poor customer service. As soon as I don't have to pay a fortune to get out my contact I'll be away and unfortunately unlikely to buy Xiaomi again.

I understand the reflex, just wanted to say, my previous phone was a mi 9, and the update was perfectly fine. The issue is that, for some reason, networks still are allowed to control software and bodge it up. 

I've just spent another 1 hour 30 mins on to Vodafone over this. Tech dept claiming device patches being sent out during the week. Stated it would be all sorted by Friday at the latest. I don't believe a word he typed though. Vodafone have tried their best to wash their hands of their customers problems during this failure. 

Who did you speak to ,to get replacement

How in the hell did you manage to get a replacement. I've had a multitutde of different responses and have totaled approx 10 hours in live chat since Sunday. Best one yet is from twitter though:

"I can understand your frustration completely and I'm sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. We're unable to provide a replacement device as there's no fault with your device, it's the recent update with the software that's caused this issue and we're working on a fix! All Xiaomi's with the update are facing this issue with our network currently. JK"

I'm speechless.

richnorth1969
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Well we are now into day 4 of this debacle. After countless hours of being on the phone to Vodafone and getting cut off each time only to have to start again i think they have finally beaten me.

It seems that Vodafone have washed their hands of this issue and are putting the blame firmly on Xaiomi.

I emailed the CEO of Vodafone yesterday and got a response this morning stating that somebody will be back in touch shortly.

After speaking to Xaiomi customer support this morning i am not holding out any hope of a quick fix for this, all i was told is that they are aware of the issue and they are looking into it. 

I have lost all faith in Vodafone & Xaiomi and will not be renewing my contract with them or buying another Xaiomi phone.

Just stop paying your bill after your nex payment. Thats what I will be doing. I'm 9 months into my contract. If they can provide the service I'm happy to pay. If not I'm cancelling the direct debit.