Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Looks like my phone is now working although I have about 8 home screens of icons to organise again. One thing I do notice. I've always had the option to pay by with phone in my Barclays banking app. It never worked but on restoring the App that ability seems to be missing ebb though nfc is clearly available. Any ideas? Will see in a bit also if Android auto works properly as it never did before.

Just got off phone to CEO's office , told them the factory reset worked for me and phone is all working again , but unfortunately I have lost all photos and probably some work .. they said they don't know about any compensation as yet because they are in talks with Xiaomi ,but she thinks they won't pay any ,, as apple dont .. she gave me £25 credit on my account as a good will gesture .. I might have lost thousands in work .. doesn't seem right to me , but I accepted it because I don't think  I will be offered anything else..

Hi Natasha and everyone

Today is the exact week when my phone does not work. I did everything I was even suggested to reset the phone (loss of data and valuable time too)s. You said to connect via social media I did and you know what? this is probably a joke. Here is your answer

Thanks for sending this over XXXXXX, this is a known issue we have escalated to Xiaomi who have confirmed that they have identified the issue and we are currently in the process of creating a patch.

I understand you need your phone more than ever so Vodafone are working as fast as they can on this and aim to get the fix sent off to Google for approval next week before it can be released to all customers.

Dean

Is this help? This a serious approach to your customers problem? After a week of waiting for repair, Vodafone says next week?

Let's face it, Natasha is nothing more than another time buying exercise from Vodafone. 

I'm too scared to do a factory reset, it it's going to be in vain!

11.0.6 has popped up ready to update. Fingers crossed, I'm going in!

Have just updated my phone 11.0.6.0. 

My network is back again! Finally after 8 days. Good luck, hope this works for all of you as well.

I feel quite faint! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 All seems to be working. FYI it does ask to have the SIM card in before doing the update

And 11.0.6.0 has worked for my phone. I'm actually stunned that it worked. 

Thanks all (and Natasha) for for your support.

Good luck

Yeah just popped up for me as well just as I got of the phone to customer relations who yet again fully apologised for the grief and hassle...... So here goes hopefully I see you guys on the otherside 🤞🏼👍