Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Unfortunately I can confirm that a factory reset fixes everything. It's a ballache and I really didn't want to reset but it's good to have a working phone again. Now, what's the compensation gonna be...

I just cannot seem to understand how the new update has fixed the issue for some and turned into a new issue for others!! Baffles me.

Could it make any difference if you did the new upgrade with or without the SIM installed at the time. I did mine without the SIM , then inserted it and reset APN. All ok. Just a thought- from someone who knows very little! 

I might try that with the next one then!

Hi all,

No update for me when I search for updates.

Have they pulled the update after realising it wasn't working?

Morning all

So my status this morning is as follows.  If I put the Sim in the "inner" slot in the tray - I get no sim recognised.  A sim shape with an x in it. If I put the Sim in the "outer" slot in the tray - I get a greyed out bar symbol with no access to the APN section of the sim card menu.

Spoke with Andy from the CEOs office yesterday afternoon who promised to keep in touch.

2 things are reported as working - putting in a new Sim and a factory reset.  The reset is quicker - a little nervous as it is a somewhat nuclear option but its quicker than a new sim and I've zero hope that this will be fixed via system upgrade.  Quick poll - anyone done a factory reset after downloading 11.0.4 and NOT had it work?

Let me try that factory reset for you now. Mine has versions11.04 on it

So am i no way an expert or know what I am talking about. however just looking at what worked for me. the new update to 11.0.4.0 didn't fix anything on its own (I am thinking its an issue where both the xiaomi system and the Vodafone system are sending for sim/ apn settings and hence its getting confused/ wrong settings). By what I did above essentially (I think) stopped xiaomi sending for settings and allowed vodas to install. Like I say I'm just guessing so please don't take as a definite resove. As a side note voda only activate one sim slot so one will always just show as a sim with a cross

All up and running again finally Thanks for everyone's advice and support its more than we've had from Xiaomi or Vodafone.Doing a full factory reset is such a pain you spend so much time and effort customising your handset to work for you and your lifestyle habits but what can you do !!! Life's pretty scary right now and s#@t happens now and again, a software failure pales into total insignificance when all around the world is going into melt down Still Love my Xiaomi Mi9 and Still believe Vodafone is my network provider of choice going to spend today resetting my handset and having a proper look at Miui 11 let's hope both X&V learn some valuable business lessons before they release 12 to us Mind you it will probably take another 6 months before that happens Stay Alert Stay safe and enjoy a pleasant weekend everyone...

Having already wasted precious time on this all week, I am going to give Vodafone (through whom I am paying for my device) until Monday morning at 8am to deliver a fix that does not involve a factory reset (twice in a week, with all the time-demanding and fiddly resultant personalisation and customisation involved is asking too much). After this deadline I will escalate this to require compensation for loss of services and time invested (with no guidance from Vodafone) in trying to resolve this myself, using this forum. 

Vodafone, take note - you have been warned. Now over to you...