Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Mine still not working. Been passed to and from Vodafone and Xiaomi. Won't let me terminate contract. No new handset. What is it 4-5 weeks now 😠

Email the CEO as suggested earlier. Once their exec. team have the complaint they will sort it. You may have a Xiaomi phone, but its Vodafone who you have a contract with and they supplied the hardware. They must solve it. Make the point and I'm confident they'll release you from your contract. 

Cheers gunna try that. Hopefully it'll be sorted. It's doing my head in now 

Hi @Soulie71 

Have you tried the following: 

1. Select Settings / SIM Card
  2. Select Mobile Networks / Access Point Names
  3. Then press Reset

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Has anyone got the update through for miui 12? Lol... Don't want to go through all this again with 12!! 

No - I'm holding off and will be watching the chat rooms .....surely they won't make the same mistake again but then again we did have WW2!

Just out of interest I did update to V12 - no problem works just fine with all my settings such as ringtones still in place. Apart from the Control Centre not a lot seems to have changed.

My phone automatically updated to miui 12 overnight whilst I was asleep. Glad to report no problems at all and enjoying the new update! 

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

@Rednose66 wrote:

Anybody else having residual issues? Last night I realised my APN's had disappeared and I couldn't re-enter them. I when I try to enter then manually I get an error message in trying to save.  My phone can still make calls but no data.

Have you tried texting WEB to 40127?   That should get the APNs sent to your device.   Alternatively, removing and replacing your SIM may prompt it as well.

Hi the thanks for your reply. I did. They came and still nothing in my list of access points. Looks like this may be another factory reset on the way.