Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Please do. Appear to get far more information from the customers than Vodafone 🤔

Apparently a fix is already available according to Xiaomi and this ! 

https://www.theregister.co.uk/AMP/2020/05/14/xiaomi_mi_9_vodafone_patch/?__twitter_impression=true

Can anyone attach a link for this apparent update as I can't find it anywhere online 

Thank you 

Just spoke to "Jeff" from Xiaomi online chat who confirmed that there is currently no fix and states apparently tomorrow there will be.... The saga continues

Good ol' Jeff 😂 let's wait and see what happens then.

Just had Vodafone's 2nd line tech support on the phone and apparently the fix will be available on Monday.

Yes, he said Monday.

At which point I went a bit postal and hung up on him.

Unbelievable. Mixed messages for the past 5 days and it continues. I'm working all weekend so will have to somehow source a spare handset from someone. Such a massive inconvenience. Genuinely will never buy Xiaomi or Vodafone again. Sad because this was my first non apple phone and I really like it but can't be having an unreliable manufacturer and network company. Absolutely fuming at the lack of genuine assistance or care from both sides.

I had to buy a new phone just because of Vodafone and or Xiaomi incompetence.

Me too. Ordered a oneplus with giffgaff. Will be here today.  Got a giff gaff SIM and an Asda SIM from Asda this morning. Cancelled by direct debit to Vodafone. Not paying for a service they can't provide 

@billynoodle wrote:

Me too. Ordered a oneplus with giffgaff. Will be here today.  Got a giff gaff SIM and an Asda SIM from Asda this morning. Cancelled by direct debit to Vodafone. Not paying for a service they can't provide 

Good luck with having to deal with Vodafone chasing after you cancelling the direct debit. Expect your credit score to drop, a lot of phone calls, messages and letters and likely a debt collection company. Whilst Vodafone have screwed us, you can't just cancel the direct debit and thinks that's that, it's all over. Not trying to be a ##~## here, I'm just trying to make you see that it's really not a good idea.