Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi all, thanks so much for your understanding following my previous post.

While my post isn't a solution as of yet, it does mean any of our other customers experiencing the same issue will be able to see our response and update to this easily to prevent any further confusion.

We'll be reviewing each account affected on an individual basis to discuss compensation further. 

Once this is resolved and the new patch has been rolled out, we'll drop another update here to let you know. 

For the time being, I'd advise allowing for this to be completed before reaching out to our team on Social Media. We'll be able to calculate any compensation due to a more accurate amount and can discuss your accounts in further detail then. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime - we're working hard to get you all reconnected as quickly as we can.

Do you have details of who has Mi 9's ?

Or have a xaiomi updated to 11?

Because I was sent out a new SIM without anyone in Vodafone seeming to know about this issue. Obviously the new SIM makes no differance. 

Pardon my language, but this has been such a s*** show! I got a call from a Vodafone rep on an alternate number  yesterday who started asking me about the issue and took the same stand of blaming Xiaomi for it and that there is nothing that they could do to fix this. Not only that, he also went ahead and gave me the advice of doing a factory reset which I flatly refused as I am aware that it won't help in anyway! On arguing further about compensation he put me on hold and came back with a 5 day rental credit option...which I refused to take because I am still facing the issue and we cannot just cap it at 5 days when we don't even know when is the patch going to come through. In the end, ironically he sounded frustrated and said he is going to follow up on this next week and get back in touch to check if it has been resolved. Truly disappointed in the level of service provided....never going to consider Vodafone again!

I am another Mi 9 owner with the same problem. I am NHS worker, working from home. My log in information has to be sent to my mobile. This issues has made me lose 2 days of work untill I managed to switch my log in details to my wife's number. Still very inconvenient! I have spent lots of hours on life chat support and talking to Vodafone tech support.. they made me try all different things, I also got sent a replacement SIM (pointless!!!) After 3 days eventually someone admitted that it was a software issue. Why didn't they say that from the start?. Zero communication from Vodafone. Someone from Vodafone sent me an email advising to do a factory reset.  Good job i didn't, judging by the comments here. I think it is disgusting how Vodafone are handling this. I have a contract with vodafone, not Xiaomi and expect Vodafone to sort this and they are not. Please someone advice what is the best way to register an official complaint ?

Go on Twitter to Vodadone UK. Fastest way to get a response. 

@smithkv wrote:

Go on Twitter to Vodadone UK. Fastest way to get a response. 

You'll get a quick response but it will be no help. They've started completely ignoring me now.

"Hi [user]! We understand customers need their phones more than ever right now. We're sorry you're facing an impact on your service. We're currently working with Xaiomi as we speak to get this resolved as quickly as possible."

Morning all

Been whatsapping with someone on a +85 number who claims to be from Xiaomi - I have no reason to disbelieve them - and they have asked me to test an upgrade which they think will fix it.  I'm not 100% comfortable being the guinea pig here but I think it can't really get any worse so I am waiting for them to push the update to my phone and I will see if it works.  They say it will take some time to push it out but I'll report back as and when it shows up.  Given it will be an update that shows up within the phone (rather than an email attachment or a download) I'm fairly relaxed that this is a genuine attempt to fix the problem from an authorised source - please shout if anyone thinks running an update would be a terrible idea!!

I would Google the number and see if it brings up anything. If the update shows in the usual settings download I would say it's fine. If you're sent a link or download I wouldn't go near it.

Thanks - small correction is that its a +86 number (85 is Laos) and it googles as a mobile number in China

I'll keep you posted

The person you are contacting in China must be using a VPN as WhatsApp is blocked in China. Ask them to send you a photo of where they work of they are from Xiaomi..