Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

same response here.

Full reset completed and SIM removed and replaced. 

Spoken to others on Miu forums- the issue definitely stems from the update. 

Still no response from Vodafone to put it right. 

ED3N
3: Seeker

i am also having the same issues since getting the update last night.

Ive tried all the usual methods, reboots, taking the SIM card out etc.

Not having any luck with anything so far. Will post if i find a solution.

johnd2311

Thank Goodness it's not only me How excited was I last night when I read an article on Mui 12 coming out and we are stuck on 10 checked my phone and hey presto Mui 11 waiting to be downloaded Scheduled an overnight install to be greeted by a welcome to 11 sign at 7 this morning had a quick look at the overview pages then had text from Vodafone with a verification code that sorted I then had 2 text configuration messages for MSM settings which didn't work to then recieving a missed phone call from my wife about 7-15 tried calling back to no avail as No network present and all SIM and network settings greyed out However despite no working sim card I am STILL able to receive calls just can't make then and no access to 4G it's all very odd I have checked and sim card in my previous Hawaii phone and it works fine so definitely not a Sim card issue Let's hope it's sorted sooner rather than later Take care and stay safe out there everyone. JD 

billynoodle
4: Newbie

Same issue with me too. Updated my Xiaomi mi9 which I got on a Vodafone contract. Spent 2 hours on the online chat and about 4 more hours doing a hard reset on my phone. Nothing has worked. Vodafone have said they are sending me a new SIM card which may sort it.. however I know it won't as my current sim works in my wife's phone. So it's down to the update effecting the sim somehow . 

Hi all,

The same problem here, see also my post over on Mi Forums where a number of other Vodafone users have posted with the same issue: https://c.mi.com/thread-3065685-1-0.html

Seems like anyone who has made the same mistake as us of excitedly clicking to upgrade has ended up in the same boat.

Nothing to add I have also conducted all the same steps as above. Vodafone have advised I need to send the phone back to them(!) so I am awaiting a jiffy bag to send it to them in.

Sincerely hope a fix can be found before then!

Andycoops
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi

Glad I'm not alone with this! 

For me, if I insert a 2nd sim card into sim 2 (in my case my work o2 sim) voda sim in port 1 springs to life. 

I reckon this is something to do with VF disabling the 2nd port  as the original box has a sticker on it relabelling it a single sim phone (why, its a dual sim phone for gods sake!)

Be interested to hear if this works for others? 

Having the same issue since yesterday. Spoke last night to Vodafone on live chat who were useless. Suggested just waiting for a new update, good one! And alternatively sending my phone for repair under warranty. They suggested trying my sim in another phone, which my sim worked fine in. Then tried another sim in my phone, which didn't work. So clearly issue is phone not sim. I did the suggested factory reset which was useless. I also tri d the putting two Sims in which didn't work at all for me either. I am a key worker and my phone is vital at this time. This was my first Xiaomi and first Vodafone experience and sadly I will not be a customer of either again. Hope something changes soon.

Dont blame Xiaomi. This is Vodafone all the way mate. I've a house full of Xiaomi kit and this is the first issue I've had in five years.

Xiaomi isn't blameless all the time, like all corporations they mess up, it happens. But in that specific case, yeah, you're spot on. End of the day, we won't go far by trying to push blame on one side or another, we need to work together to solve that thing, and then once that's done, we'll see where it lies.