Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mi 9 Miui 11 upgrade Sim problem

Rednose66
4: Newbie

Hi. After waiting for a Miui upgrade for over a year Vodafone has rolled one out today. I've done the upgrade and I am unable to enable my SIM card and hence unable to make calls. Any ideas? TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi everyone, thanks so much for flagging and rest assured this is something we've been working on with the manufacturer to get you all connected to what you love again. 

To keep you all updated, Xiaomi have advised that a patch is going through final testing through their side and we're looking to verify this from our side today.

All going well, this patch should be with you over the next few days, by next week at the very latest.

Please don't try any troubleshooting steps such as a factory reset or arranging a repair of the phone as once the software is out, this will resolve things for you.

Once we have confirmation that the fix is working and when it can be released, we'll let you know ASAP here. 

View solution in original position

457 REPLIES 457

First: Cheers for all the help and work you're all doing over there Torlyn. Keeping my eyes peeled on it all.

Second: What's amazing is how this passed Vodafone QA. Shocking.

Torlyn
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi folk, 

My name is Torlyn, I'm a mod on the Xiaomi UK community. We know it's a voda issue, but we're trying to find a solution (or at least a go-around trick, so you folk can use your phones until it's officially sorted by the network).

Hence me looking at varied threads to see if people have avenues still a 3AM.

We're not employees, so we have limited resources, but we'll try and have your back, as we know how important phones are in these trying times. Don't hesitate to reach out to us on the Mi UK comm (c.mi.com/uk) if you have ideas or need a chat. 

Thanks for the assistance. I am another with a Mi9 with no sim visible card. Works fine in other phones. Really need to have my phone working!!

Trust me, I get that, it would be bad in normal times, but now... We've tried two solutions so far, which sadly failed, we are making inroads into a third

Spoke to chat again this morning.

They're still claiming it's not a Vodafone issue which is strange seeing as MIUI11 has been out for the Mi 9 for 6 months with no issues. The moment the Vodafone engineers get it and push it to our phones, it royally screws everything.

Sarfaraj: Its not a Vodafone issue. Its is Xiaomi MI 9 company that is handset provider that is working on that at the moment and we are waiting for the latest update from them. As our engineers are also working with them to get this fixed as soon as possible to our customer do not have to wait or long to use the services.

I told the chat representative that on Sunday midday I was told it would only take a few hours for a fix to be pushed to my device and now today he's saying:

"Sarfaraj: It should be fixed today on priority basis as it was delayed and Xiaomi MI 9 was not able to get it fixed yesterday"

That would be awesome, no matter who's to blame for it. Fingers crossed, thanks for sharing that :Laughing_Face:

Thanks guy's for keeping us all updated on this issue it's much appreciated hopefully it's fixed today ......🤔🙏🏼

Hi Torlyn

Just to give feedback, it seems my phone detects a sim and works only when 2 sim cards are inserted. 

I see no reference to the 2nd sim within Settings > Sim cards and networks.

I still think this is related to Vodafone originally disabling the 2nd Sim port on the UK Mi 9. But then I'm no expert.  

Yes, it was a weird move on their part to start with. Shall share with our team, much appreciated 

Hi everyone! I did the same thing as all of you and am now stuck with a phone that doesn't work! I cannot believe how could Xiaomi and Vodafone push out an update that would render the phone useless! I lost over 3 hours yesterday trying to figure out if I had done something wrong. Clearly it wasn't me. Here's hoping that there's a fix soon as this is honestly unacceptable!