Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moto Z2 Play self restarts and shuts down

pethers1020
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi, I've recently had to send my moto z2 play away to be fixed. it is only around 10 months old, but lately it has been continuously shutting off and restarting itself. Sometimes it will get stuck in a reboot cycle for 6-7 restarts before giving me access to my phone.

After a little digging around I have found on the motorola/lenovo forums that this appears to be a global issue.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Play/Z2-play-self-restarts-and-shut-downs/td-p/3890510/page/16 

I was wondering if this is an issue anyone else appears to be having a problem with, and whether Vodafone are aware that there is a flaw in the phone and what they pla on doing about it. Motorola appear to be unaccepting of the issue, but all these people across the world cannot be a coincedence.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @pethers1020 the first thing you should do is give vodafone the chance to repair the phone, if after repair it doesnt work then look at asking  for a replacement. See what happens when you get your phone back and if you are still having issues pop back here for some help/advice.

AnnS

Hi @pethers1020

I agree with @63johnw, if you got the phone direct from Vodafone, you are provided with a 24 month warranty on the phone for any hardware faults.

Follow the repair process here:Repairs

young007
4: Newbie

Hello did Vodafone manage to sort the issue out as having the same problem. Been happening for about 10 weeks now started when phone was about 6 months old. Shame as I really like the phone otherwise.

Hi, Sorry to her you are having the same problem. After my phone was sent off, it was apparently unrepairable by vodafone, and they replaced it with a new model (Still the z2 play). However, this model has android Oreo on it, which until my phone had been sent off had not been released by vodafone, and I do not believe it has been released even now.

I'm hoping the updated android helps with the issue, as i have read on various other threads that it appears to help, but only time will tell. If it starts happening again i'll be taking it straight back. it is frustrating as I really love the phone.