Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My phone can't send texts, keep saying they have failed, have full signal

mshee93
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

My phone normally can send texts fine but for the last 2 hours it keeps saying the texts have failed

I have turned my phone on and off, I have full signal and have tried sending texts to lots of my contacts and not succeeded

37 REPLIES 37

It seems my post was offensive, for which one can only apologise.  Even though it very clearly wasnt.!!

Just for everyones info, the Samsung software reinstalled my phone back to factory settings, then when it reinstalled all of my things, it failed big time.

Lost all app info.  Lost all settings, preferences etc.  The lot.

Samsung looked into it, couldnt get it to work (several attempts later) and told me it didnt work, and so if I need to use it again, be prepared to set it back up yourself.

Handy.

(hope that isnt offensive)

Hello everyone I tried sorry my messaging out but it's still not working I can get incoming texts but I can't text out it says failed.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@chelseyhudson Please complete a manual roam on your phone for help with this.

You can find steps on how to do this in our Device Guide when searching 'Select network' - however if you need any further assistance, please let us know the make and model of the phone and we'll be happy to help.

If you continue to experience any issues after completing this, please try the following:

• Switch the phone off and take out the SIM card.
  • Restart the phone with the SIM out, and then switch the phone's power off again.
  • Insert the SIM back into the phone again and switch the power back on.

Let us know how you get on.

Ramasesuk
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Phone says it has full signal and 4g but texts aee constantly failing and often so does web pages fail tonload even with 4g

Blair
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Can you try switching your phone to 3G mode @Ramasesuk and trying agian? 

As your data is also not working properly, this might be a different issue rather that just a text messge problem. 

Let us know what happens. 

Havr fone will get back to you with results

I set it to 3g/2g and only 1 text has failed in the last 24 hrs where as normally it would 75% that would fail

Liam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

It's good to hear that your messages are beginning to send again! @Ramasesuk Are you continuing to have issues with your mobile data too?

Not as of yet but i am paying £60 a month and it seems i cant use 4g

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

4G is a data only system and you'll need a 2 or 3G connection to send texts.  As far as I'm aware, your phone should drop back for the purpose, as it does for voice calls.   I'm not sure why it isn't, unless the non-4G signal is sufficiently weak that it can't make the connection reliably.   Even then, the texts should send as soon as you get into an area of sufficient signal.   And I'm not sure why sending would work if you force a 2/3G connection - it wouldn't make the signal stronger, after all.

I wonder if this isn't a handset issue.  It's possible that a factory reset would fix it.   I know that's alot of hassle, but it would be part of any repair process and therefore worth a try before you go down that route, if you decide to.   Don't forget to back up your content first.