cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Note10+ 5g Wifi Calling (no option in settings)

Gupi
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Dear Community/ Vodafone,

After several attempts by your IT team over 'Live Chat' my phone is still not appearing to have the option to select Wifi Calling.

I bought this phone from Argos, sim free unlocked. The reason I choose Vodafone is because I know you support Wifi Calling for unlocked phones.

Please will you help sort this out so that I can start to use this functionality. After calling Samsung they said that only Vodafone can push this option onto my phone.

If this option is not available yet will someone please tell me when it will be and if when it does, will I be able to get it on my phone, even if i bought it from third party ?

Please find attached images of my issue.

Eagerly Awaiting,

Gupi

(Samsung Note10+ 5g)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I finally managed to get WiFi calling on my Note10 + 5G. I had to spend about 20 minutes on live chat before they finally sent the correct configuration via a network message. 

View solution in original position

15 REPLIES 15

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Right now the Vodafone wi-fi-calling support page is down which lists compatible Samsung phones.

I'm guessing due to the Note 10 being so new it may not have been fully tested and then added to the list.

deviceguides _samsung - turn-wi-fi-calling-on-or-off.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thank you for your reply, when S10+ was released do you know if it faced similar issues?

seanmclean
2: Seeker

I've got the Samsung S10 5G on contract with Vodaphone and I don't have WiFi calling neither.

Looks as though Vodaphone's WiFi calling isn't available for both the S10 5G nor the Note 10+5G. Absolute joke. I hardly get a 5G signal anywhere neither and I live in Birmingham. 

I feel exactly the same, no WiFi calling on Samsung's new flagship phone out of the box is pretty lame. I put my EE SIM in and got WiFi calling straightaway, I really can't get my head around this whole 'your phone needs to be on the list' thing? #ComputerSaysNo

I live right on the edge of Birmingham City centre approximately 1Km away and I can't get a 5G signal, but when I drive through Kings Heath on my way to work I get a 5G signal. I really didn't expect the 5G coverage to be this patchy, I've just checked the planned coverage map and it doesn't look like this situation will improve in the near future. 

To keep repeat business and loyal customers, I hope they will improve the 5g service/coverage .

I feel your frustration tbh. You would think companies as big as Vodafone would be a bit more prepared, at least give us an actual update as to what is going on.

Hopefully we get an official response.

seanmclean

Good news everyone 

After a software update received today. I now have WiFi calling! I am using the S10 5G by the way. 

The Note 10 5G+ should of received the update today too though! 

Still no WiFi calling after update :Sad_face:

I finally managed to get WiFi calling on my Note10 + 5G. I had to spend about 20 minutes on live chat before they finally sent the correct configuration via a network message.