Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Oppo Find X3 software updates…none since October

dwizzo
4: Newbie

Normally my Oppo fx3 gets a monthly update which includes both cosmetic system upgrades and the Android security patch for that month. This has happened retry much as clockwork since I got the phone back in April.

However, now had no update since October. While the software side of things is not a big deal, the Android security patches are somewhat more concerning. Does anyone know who controls the update process…is it Vodafone as the exclusive carrier of my phone or is it Oppo. 

Oppo is in the midst of rolling out its new ColourOS 12, which is based on Android 12 and checking their global Twitter feed they say that it is the carrier that controls the timing of this rollout…so was wondering whether Vodafone also controls the monthly updates,

Anyone having such issues or have a software update more recent than October? Any help much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Didn’t have to wait long…colorOS12 update appeared this morning!

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Thus is about how Vodafone go about firmware updates @dwizzo 

Firmware-Explained. 

Edit.

Not sure if this will help too.

How to Update OPPO Phone to the Latest Android Software. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

I have two devices, one Samsung and one Motorola.  Both get security updates every two months and the last one was October.   It looks as though Google may have a lag, although it's also possible that the updates come a month late, in which case December is due about now.

Thanks for the feedback. As you say, maybe a Google lag issue and while Oppo is usually a few weeks behind, ie would expect November update in December, It is now more than 2 months since last update. Maybe tied in with release of their new OS.

Thanks for this. As per link to firmware topic, maybe Vodafone taking its time reconfiguring / checking the new OS. Nothing showing for FX3 on Oppo support site either…so just have to wait and see.

Didn’t have to wait long…colorOS12 update appeared this morning!