Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Pixel 3xl drops calls after half hour

Jengoddard
2: Seeker

My pixel 3xl drops every call (made or received) after exactly 29 minutes and 50 seconds. I don't know if this is related to phone settings, network or what so wondered if anyone had had similar issues or knew of a fix. It's a real pain in the backside as currently working from home and means I get cut off in every conference call!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OLIVERSWWARD

Hi all, I have a Pixel 3 on Vodafone and have the same issue. I followed some advice to disable WiFi calling on my account (webpage) and on the settings on the phone. After a reboot I am now able to call > 30 mins! Hope that helps!

View solution in original position

474 REPLIES 474

I've sent the details in via facebook messenger.

That's great, thanks @rangor_gubbins. We'll be able to get the details from you which will help with the investigation 🙂

I tried putting those details into the phone's dialler, but when I phone, it just says 'invalid number'. Could you please explain ( in detail!) how we 'enter this into the dialler'?

I did open the 'Phone' app in settings, and it says version 19.0. That app contains the dialler, so im assuming it's what you need?

Hi all,

I've just tried my mobile again (called my home phone, and just left them sitting there talking to each other!!), and yet again, the call cuts-off at 29m 50s as usual.

Still so solution despite being told on 1st February that the root-cause had been found and new hardware was being installed. Clearly this was false.

I would like to know how do we complain within the higher ranks at Vodafone? There seems to be absolutely no way to make a complaint. No-one cares.

Neil.

I've given up expecting any kind of solution at this point. Have wasted countless hours, been given so much conflicting information and still no end in sight. Comments like 'we're chasing' and 'seeking a resolution' are just insulting at this point whilst Vodafone continues to take our money, and even increase the price of plans. Utterly disgusting. Someone should take this viral. Might actually get to understand the true scale of the issue. 

Good morning everyone, 

Our team are still looking into this and we appreciate your patience. 

@Stevenjfaulkner @Skodaboy66 @neilhunter14, to help with the investigation can you enter #*#7378429#*#* into the dialler app to get the full software build and send us a screenshot over on the Facebook or Twitter thread please? 

I've tried that. Doesn't work, just says invalid number. More detailed explanation, please!

I tried the #*#7378429#*#* and it doesn't work. I even tried removing the last asterisk as I thought that might be a typo. No luck. Why are we giving our phone's details and Firmware info. Surely you know this already?

Neil

I had this problem over a year ago, and as Vodafone were unable to resolve it I was released from my contract without penalty. I then bought a new Vodafone contract, sim only, with my existing handset, with no further problems. This is not a handset issue, its to do with the account configuration.