Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Realme X50 Pro 5G - VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling

lottie1040
4: Newbie

I think this may have been asked before, but it's annoying how this doesn't work on Vodafone (contract) on this phone when these functions work perfectly on O2, EE and Three. It really puts me off renewing my contract when my 12 months are up! Do Vodafone have any plans to change their mind? From a technical point of view, if they're looking to turn off 3G at some point soon, surely they'd want as many people on VoLTE as possible?

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @lottie1040 

You're definitely not the first or last person to ask these particular questions.

Hopefully Vodafone will add more and more capable phone's to their eligibility list contained in wi-fi-calling support page. 

That said with some phone's people have managed to get Calling Over Wi-Fi working on phone's not showing in this list.

As an example the Samsung Galaxy s21 Ultra works but is not yet showing in the eligibility list.

It's sometimes worth trying to go through the set up steps contained in my link and by speaking to a knowledgeable agent at customer services.

Some further information … 

Ask the agent to force the phone via sending an OTA configuration update that should provision your phone for Calling Over WiFi.
Register for Vodafone Wi-Fi Calling
Text the word CALLING to 97888
This is a free text which will add the service to your account
You should receive the following confirmation text:
Thanks. We’ll add Wi-Fi Calling to your account in the next 24 hours and will let you know when you’re all set up.
If you’d like to discuss this with us, or if you have any other issues, you can find more info here or contact us
Once you receive the confirmation text, switch on Wi-Fi Calling in your settings
Go to Settings , scroll down and choose the Application <span;>icon
<span;>Choose Phone and scroll down until you see Wi-Fi Calling – select the box beside this option
A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm if you want to enable Wi-Fi Calling – tap OK.
Make sure Calling Over Wi-Fi is turned on in your myvodafone.
Calling Over Wi-Fi will only activate when there is no network connection. Test by activating Flight Mode on your phone.

Pretty much the same with 4G Calling  / voLTE Vodafone and 4G calling-features which at the moment on the page says “ Simple – if you got your phone from us, they’ll be pre-installed and ready to go

Vodafone certainly needs to start moving with the times especially as the Sure Signal has now been discontinued leaving only Calling Over Wi-Fi as an option for many in areas of fringe coverage and not spots.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello, thanks for the suggestion, I've sent that text now. I think I've done it before and nothing happened, but it's worth another go.

hrym

Which devices are supported for WiFi calling sometimes seems to be random, even across basically similar ones from the same manufacturer.   If nothing happens, it's probably that your phone hasn't been approved for the service and, at the moment, there's nothing you can do, I'm afraid (I'm in the same position with a Moto phone).

chistery
16: Advanced member

Does the menu option show for wifi calling on the phone or not?

Nope - it's missing.

chistery

If turning off wifi calling in Myvodafone, waiting till you get a text to say it's been removed and then adding it again doesn't solve it, then you need to find someone at Vodafone to send the OTA update to enable it in the settings.

They will say it's not supported or they have done it and to wait 24 hours. Sometimes telling them you have a supported phone works, but often it takes several calls to find someone who understands how to send OTA updates to the phone.

I am just in the process of returning a Realme X50 PRO to amazon  ( was being used with id mobile / 3  sim )

VOLTE and VOWIFI menu options disabled, the Oneplus 8 Pro same issue, think it is the same parent company.

Tried guides on youtube with no success. Highly frustrating experience.

lottie1040
4: Newbie

Just to update you all on this issue - VoLTE now appears to work on the Realme X50 Pro 5G after the Android 12 upgrade, which came out for me yesterday. No VoWiFi / WiFi Calling for some reason, though!