Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fast Charging/Super Fast Charging

mavericke
7: Helper
7: Helper

Hi there,

I am just curious about the fast charging/super fast charging option on the Samsung Galaxy S20. According to this page, it appears that fast charging/super fast charging is available on all S20 devices. However, if you look into this page, it appears that only the S20 Ultra is capable of supporting super fast charging.

The reason why I am asking is because I am trying to test fast charging using the included 25W charging block and a 61W charging block from Apple. I did not acquire the 45W travel charger from Samsung for this experiment.

From my recent experience, it appears that using both 25W and 61W charging block will speed up charging on the S20+, as compared to my S10+'s adaptive fast charger. Both 25W and 61W charging blocks will show 'Fast charging' on my S20+ as well. The 61W charging block will charge faster (saving me around 15 minutes, as compared to the included 25W charging block). I believe that this is possible, due to the PD technology on the S20+.

Surprisingly, using the 61W charging block will not indicate super fast charging on the S20+, despite the charging function is activated. 

My question is whether the super fast charging option is only available on the S20 Ultra, using Samsung's 45W travelling charger? If that is the case, the information given to us on Samsung's website is slightly confusing though. Apart from that, the S20 range should be able to handle Super Fast Charging, using PD technology. If that is the case, the S20+ should indicate 'Super Fast Charging' on the device whenever a user is using a faster charging block based on PD (e.g. 45W or 61W), right? 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hello @mavericke 

The subject matter can I agree be somewhat confusing I submit.

As I use the Samsung Note10 + 5G I can't directly comment.

Personally I use the supplied charger out of the box coupled with an official Samsung desktop stand.

As far as i can recall my Samsung Note10 has not said " Super Fast Charging " but has shown as fast charging, but again I'm not using the phone your interested in.

My phone was supplied directly by Samsung UK.

I only use fast charging when I need a quick boost which isn't often on this phone :Winking_smiley:

I did look at buying the upgraded charger but after looking at what it brings I decided against it.

There are a number of sites via a Google Search and there is Samsungs own forum that has information in.

Also I viewed this review by flossy flossycarter who I trust.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers

Hello @mavericke 

The subject matter can I agree be somewhat confusing I submit.

As I use the Samsung Note10 + 5G I can't directly comment.

Personally I use the supplied charger out of the box coupled with an official Samsung desktop stand.

As far as i can recall my Samsung Note10 has not said " Super Fast Charging " but has shown as fast charging, but again I'm not using the phone your interested in.

My phone was supplied directly by Samsung UK.

I only use fast charging when I need a quick boost which isn't often on this phone :Winking_smiley:

I did look at buying the upgraded charger but after looking at what it brings I decided against it.

There are a number of sites via a Google Search and there is Samsungs own forum that has information in.

Also I viewed this review by flossy flossycarter who I trust.

Current Phone  >

Thank you, @BandofBrothers. 

I think I am not the only one who is curious about the difference between fast charging and super fast charging. I do believe that I am satisfied with the charging performance of my S20+, despite not showing 'Super Fast Charging' while the unit is being charged, using the 61W charging block.

Once again, cheers!

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @mavericke 

You've got a powerful phone there.

Enjoy :Smiling:

Current Phone  >