Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

Hi I have the similar issue with my Samsung note 9. I recieved the nuc code but did not solve my problem and asking the network Sim puk code. Can you help me about this issue, pls. 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for getting in touch @Sibumi, I'll be happy to escalate this to our NUC team so they can investigate further. So I can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

I have exactly the same problem as described here, S7 and getting "SIM network pin blocked, Enter SIM network PUK" I have been on the chat with Vodafone 4 times and still does not work. I insert SIM to other phones and they work. This is 100% a Vodafone problem. Please assist. I can give you reference numbers for the 4 chat transcripts.

Jenny
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@larsfole I’m sorry to hear you’re having this problem with your Samsung Galaxy S7.

So I can help get this sorted, please get in touch by following the instructions in the private message I’ve sent to you.

Hi I have the similar issue with my Samsung Galaxy S8. I recieved the nuc code but did not solve my problem and asking the network Sim puk code. Can you help me about this issue, pls. 

Mine is still not unlocked it's been over two and a  half months 

I'm having this same exact issue. My NUC and PUK code supplies by vodafone simply arent working???

Just take it to a shop and pay to get it done.

No one on Vodafone has the skill set when it comes to this. I've had numerous phone calls, started forum threds and had ongoing emails and they keep saying it's not their issue.

I've got a master unlock code and 2 NUC from them but they keep saying the PUK needs to come from the new supplier.

Well I just bought a 99p sim card and put it in the phone and it has a PUK on the package.

Guess what, didn't work.

So yeah I'll be taking mine to a local phone shop where they might have a clue.