Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Hey @Landingwombats, it's disappointing to hear you're having trouble getting your phone unlocked. Have you entered the master code and NUC as follows?

1. Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted

2. You should be prompted for an unlock code

3. Enter the master code and press unlock (MCK)

4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”

5. Enter the NETWORK UNLOCK Code and press unlock (nck/nuc)

6. The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”

Give this a try and let me know how you get on, if you're still having problems I'll be happy to investigate further. 

I've contacted vodafone multiple times but no one knows what they're doing and keep giving me the NUC or PUK , so I don't have the master code 😅😅

Josh
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@bestusefultips @Landingwombats I'm sorry to hear you're both having issues getting your devices unlocked :Thumbs_Down: 

Whether it's an NUC, PUK or even a Master Code you require, we'll be able to get this sorted for you. Please can you get in touch with us privately, using one of the following channels: 

Twitter - @VodafoneUK

Facebook – Vodafone UK

Live chat – Click Here

Whenever I talk to someone via the live chat they just tell me to call 191 and 191 is so annoying to get to where you need to be, then the people I get matched with don't know what master code etc is?

@Landingwombats I'm really sorry to hear this. Have you been able to get in touch via our Social Media channels instead? The teams who work on these channels are the same people who manage this Community forum - we'll be more than happy to help 😊

Hello

I have a samsung note 8 and have the same problem.  

I entered the NUC incorrect and its now blocked any other sim apart from vodafone.  Message says

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."  and I am going around and around in circles and after several phone calls to vodafone still not getting anywhere.

Please can a moderator help me with this.  Its not the NUC or puk code, I need its the mastercode or reset code.

Thank you.

Adnan

TJ

Let's get this done immediately @adnanjafar, you shouldn't need to go round and round in circles. 

One of our team will be happy to access your account and chase this up for you. Please get in touch via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or contact us on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

Hi, i'm having the same problem have been on Vodafone chat more than once and still not sorted, keeping telling me I need to be in touch with SKY which is the SIM card I want to put in, they say I need Vodafone, the phone is unlocked I have tried a Talk Talk sim in and it works just fine.  Please could you sort this our after 3 hours emailing and talking am getting really fed up, especially with what we pay each month. 

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @Princess104 If the Talk Talk SIM is working in the phone, then yes it's been correctly unlocked. The PUK (PIN Unlock Key), is a unique code that is linked to your specific SIM. If you're getting this message when your Vodafone SIM is inserted, we can help with this, pop us a message on Facebook ot Twitter with your full name and mobile number and we'll provide this. If you're being asked for this when your Sky SIM is inserted, only Sky can provide this and you'll need to speak to them. 

I am having exactly the same issue with my Galaxy J3 2017. I have been through all the processes suggested of with NUC and PUK and spoke to Samsung directly.  The phone still reads SIMs because my Vodafone SIM works in it.