Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 "SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK."

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I've got a Galaxy S7, which was locked to Vodaphone and want to be able to use it instead of my MotoG which is on another Netwrok.

My problem started when I installed the EE SIM into the Samsung S7, and it asked for the "SIM network PIN". As a novice I assumed this was the SIM PIN supplied by EE on the SIM Card. However, as I found to my cost, it was asking for Network Unlock Code (NUC), as the phone was locked to Vodaphone. But due to attempting to enter the WRONG SIM PIN too many times, it is now asking for the "SIM network PUK".

'Direct Unlocks', requested the unlock codes from Vodaphone and  have sent me both:

1. Network Unlock Code  & 2. Defreeze Code

However, when I power up the Samsung S7, it comes up with the following prompt:

"SIM network PIN blocked. Enter SIM network PUK"

I have tried entering both the NUC and the Defreeze codes at this prompt, but both result in the following response on the Samsung S7, "Network Unlock Request Unsuccesful".

I can see that other people have had the same issue, and a 'Moderator' seems to be of great help!!

Can you advise...thanks!!

Regards

Tony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anonymous We'll be happy to help get your phone unlocked for you 😊 We'll need to access your account to discuss this further. So we can do this, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with us. 

View solution in original position

99 REPLIES 99

Ref number is #20611742.regards  Philip 

My problem has been escalated to vodafone hq,,they are in constant touch with me with this matter 

No still not unlocked 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@emma_williamss  – I’d like us to get the PUK from Samsung, as this will be different to the SIM PUK. Once we’ve got this, please be aware it might not work with you being out of the UK.

If this is the case, an option would be for you to send it to the UK. Someone here could then go through the process and post your phone back to you.

Please send us your details by following the instructions in this private message.

@Philip11  - So we can chase up what’s happening with getting the phone unlocked, please reply to the last email we’ve sent again.

@Tomas89  – We can help with getting the next code you need. Please send us your details by following the steps in this private message.

I have  ,yesterday  

I have now received a four digit code via txt from Vodafone  ,, how do i use it please  ???

Adam
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Philip11 We would normally send you a 4 digit PIN to pass security with you, it might come through as a 'One time access code'. If this is the case, you'd need to share this with us over email. 

I’m having the same problem with a galaxy S6. Can I get a pm to sort it out please. 

Screenshot_20190416-110138_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190416-110014_Messages.jpg

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulty unlocking your phone @Lizbodman, as we'll need access to your account to help with this, please follow the instructions in the private message I've sent and we'll be in touch.

As the actions taken by Jess haven't resolved your query @Philip11, please reply to our latest email and I'll get this chased for you.