Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Trouble receiving SMS messages

jacobleehart
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello,

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy A51 on Vodafone, and have had trouble receiving SMS messages. 

Some have been able to come through, but two people have said they sent me multiple SMS messages, but they haven't come through.

Three people have been able to text me, but under their texts it says 'sent from web'. None of the people who failed to text me had access to WiFi or mobile data at the time.

I am not sure if that is relevant. 

One other detail that may or may not be relevant is that in settings/about phone, my phone number is listed as 'unknown'.

Oh and I am using Facebook Messenger for SMS messages. 

I tried rebooting and re-inserting the SIM card. I tried the Vodafone support live chat, the guy said he thought he had fixed it but nothing has changed and he didn't say what he actually did.

Thank you for any insight. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @jacobleehart 

Facebook SMS are sent over a mobile data or WiFi connection, if your friends or you are not connected to the internet the message will not be sent or received.

You can turn off Facebook Messenger and use the standard SMS phone application, this way the messages will be sent and received over the network.

Also further information here: Messaging Features 

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

AnnS

Hi @jacobleehart 

Facebook SMS are sent over a mobile data or WiFi connection, if your friends or you are not connected to the internet the message will not be sent or received.

You can turn off Facebook Messenger and use the standard SMS phone application, this way the messages will be sent and received over the network.

Also further information here: Messaging Features 

hrym

I'll second that.   I've tried the Rich Communications System (RCS) in the stock messaging app and it delays SMS quite considerably.   RCS adds features that you don't need for a quick SMS text, but can get from different apps such a Facebook, WhatsApp or even good old email.