main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Android

Unlocking Galaxy S6

ak91
2: Seeker

Hello,

This has nothing to do with inputting any wrong code that triggered the PUK. I need the master code to unlock the sim network PUK not the SIM Card.

View more options
TJ
Administrator
Administrator

It's disappointing to hear you're having some issues getting your phone unlocked @ak91.

So we can investigate further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch. Please complete the form enclosed and one of the team will be in contact. 

View more options
lop

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. I need a master code but every time I ask the nucresolutions team, they just ignore that part of the email and send me the same NUC code which I've already recieved multiple times. I need the master code.

View more options
hughdunford
4: Newbie

This is the email I received from them (eventually), so this person knows what's required.  I suggest you reply copying the below information and saying this is what you need for your phone.

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next

We request you to follow below unlocking procedure with provided code.

1. Restart the phone with the new SIM Card inserted
  2. You should be prompted for an unlock code
  3. Enter the Master Code (8-digit numberand press unlock
  4. The phone will display “Network Unlock Request Unsuccessful”
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code (8-digit number) and press unlock
  6. The phone should display “Network Unlock Successful”

Thank-you

Ilyas Shaikh

The Vodafone Unlocking team

View more options
lop

Thank you @hughdunford. Hopefully it can get sorted soon.

View more options
RogP

@hughdunford wrote:

This is the email I received from them (eventually), so this person knows what's required.  I suggest you reply copying the below information and saying this is what you need for your phone.

Thanks for getting in touch about unlocking your phone. You’re almost done – there are just a few things you need to do to complete the process.

What you need to do next

3. Enter the Master Code (8-digit numberand press unlock
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code (8-digit number) and press unlock

Thank-you

Ilyas Shaikh

The Vodafone Unlocking team

Easier said than done !  6 emails from the Social Media team telling me to input the PUK they supplied despite me informing that the phone is working perfectly with it's Vodafone sim and to please esculate to the Unlocking Team.

First got the NUC on April 10th 2018, now 15 May.

View more options
hughdunford

Ignore the social media team, or indeed anyone you can speak to at Vodafone; they don't know what they're talking about and refuse to listen or understand the problem.  The NUC resolutions team are the only people who seem to be able to help, and even then, only when you get to the right person!

View more options
RogP

I've learnt that Hugh - but they won't go away !! and they pay no attention to what I said in my emails. I shall persist

View more options
Adam

Hi @RogP we're more than happy to chase this up for you. As you're still having problems I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

View more options
Viet12

I'm also in need of the master code as I keep getting the message that I need the "SIM network unlock PUK code". I've tried with the NUC code on two different SIMs and it doesn't work. How do I get the master code? 

View more options
RogP

A very good question I only wish I could answer. For me at last the Social media team have finallt told me;

"We've taken your request on board and we'd like to escalate this further for you.

Please await correspondence from ourselves to advise on next steps".

However that was one week ago, heard nothing since.

View more options
hughdunford

The NUC team can provide the master unlock code.  Whether they do or not depends on whether you're lucky enough to get a response from someone who understands the issue.  If you're unlucky you'll be sent round in circles.  If you don't get someone who understands the issue, cope and paste the response that I posted earlier in this thread that shows the full process, as described by someone in the NUC team.

View more options
mez8828

@hughdunford wrote:

This is the information I eventually received:

3. Enter the Master Code (xxxxxxxxand press unlock
  5. Enter the Network Unlock Code(yyyyyyyy) and press unlock

My phone only has numbers and no option to use letters?

View more options
Mark

I'm disappointed to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your phone @Viet12. So we can help you, please contact us through the private message I've sent.

View more options
RogP

Mark I have an email saying you have left a private message but have recived nothing other than the two I've recived on 4th & 16th May.

Looking at your posting on the forum it may well have gone to viet12

@Mark wrote:

I'm disappointed to hear you're having difficulty unlocking your phone @Viet12. So we can help you, please contact us through the private message I've sent.

View more options
Gemma
16: Advanced member

@RogP - This is strange.

I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

Please let us know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

View more options
RogP

@Gemma wrote:

@RogP - This is strange.

I’ve searched for your email via the address you’ve registered to the Community with and nothing’s showing.

Please let us know the reference from the auto reply email (it looks like #123456).

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. I was responding to the forum posting by Mark which said he had sent a private email but never received.

View more options
Gemma

@RogP - I’m sorry for the confusion. I’ve sent you a private message with how to send us your details.

Once we receive them, we can look into what’s happening with the code.

View more options
Gemma

@RogP - I’ve just come across your other posts in this thread. It sounds like you’re already in touch with my team by email. Please let us know the email reference number (it looks like #123456).  

View more options
RogP

Well I'm pleased to say I finally got the Master code to unlock my S6. Took eight weeks, many emails and much persistance trying to get social media  to understand HughP's forum posts explaining that two codes were required.

It only came about eventually by calling customer service and stressing time & time again what was needed and pointing out yet again it was not a PUK issue and ignoring going through all the procedures which I had been told to do many times before.

I was finally put through to someone who understood. I only wish they would pass the information to Social Media - helpful as they try to be !

Thanks HughP.

View more options