Solution

Unlocking Galaxy S6

jackhenson
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi There

I have my unlock code details from vodafone:

Here is your code 39575319

1. Remove SIM card from the handset and turn phone back on 2. Switch the phone off and then on again with no SIM in the handset and then enter the following: #7465625*638*NUC# 3. The handset should now be unlocked 4. When entering a non VF SIM, if the handset displays a message asking for a password enter the NUC

However, it does not make sense. I have a Galaxy S6 and I can't type letters - NUC on the keypad to complete the code. I then thought that maybe I'm supposed to put the code at the top in replacement of NUC, and nothing happened. Also after all this, I reloaded my phone with the new SIM anyway, and it says "Network PIN blocked. Please enter PUK code". My friend put his SIM in and the same thing happened to him. So, I got PUK codes from Virgin Mobile AND Vodafone and still none of them work.

Am I doing something wrong?

Regards

Jack H

119 REPLIES 119

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Brisk - I’m sorry that you’ve come across these issues, when trying to get your phone unlocked.

We can escalate this to our Network Unlock team and they’ll help further.

I’ve sent you a private message with how to send us your details. 

Could someone help me unlock my S7 Edge? Having the same problems as experienced in this thread.

Thanks.

DaneB
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

We can certainly look into that for you @phillipd.

I've sent you a private message on how you can contact our team directly. 

I am having the same problem unlocking my Galaxy A5, have my NUC and PUK but neither work and I'm in need of a 'master' code, how do I contact the NUC resulutions team? FAQ on the subject is not at all helpful.

Just by way of an update to everyone struggling with the same issue... Mine is still unresolved. After jumping through hoops and providing multiple confirmation questions, I still haven't had a response. Was given a 6 to 10 day response time, which I imagine will be 10, which I think is completely unacceptable for a company of this size. It smacks of sour grapes, given that it's a code to leave the network. I've never had a 6 to 10 day wait when I'm trying to give them money. 

I ended up using a paid online service to unlock my phone. Couldn’t be bothered waiting for Vodafone any longer. Cost £20 but got the network unlock code along with the defreeze  code - worked instantly.

Ridiculous that you should have to do that, though I nearly did the same.  Once I found someone at Vodafone who understood the issue I got the codes same day, but it took weeks to get there.  Obviously, Vodafone still aren't educating their staff on this issue.

Rather than read another dozen automated replies from Vodafone or mentally wrestle any more call centre operators I found an ebay seller with an 'unfreeze' code that worked a charm. Vodafone has cost themselves a lifetimes worth of future business for the price of a decent lunch. Happy to share where I bought my code in PM if anybody wants to know.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@CitizenSmiff I'm sorry to hear about the problems you were having with unlocking your phone, but glad that you've since been able to get this resolved. If there's anything you still need help with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

@Brisk I appreciate it's frustrating being asked to wait for up to 10 days. We have to advise this, as sometimes we need to contact the manufacturer for the network unlock code directly. If you do need further help after this time has passed, please let us know - we'll get it chased up for you 😊

Hi Colleen,

It's now 15 days since I was told it would be 6-10 days (25th February). I think you'll agree that's an awful length of time to wait for something which has a relatively simple solution. 

Please do chase it up. It's just ridiculous to treat customers like this.