Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Wifi Calling Switching When Not Needed

fr0stb1te
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I make it so that Wi-Fi calling is ALWAYS on when I'm at home, but when I'm not at home, it switches to cellular calling?

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @fr0stb1te 

I am sure this isn't something Vodafone would be able to do. WiFi calling is designed to kick in when there is no or limited mobile phone signal, if WiFi turned on you should find you are automatically connected to WiFi calling.

This thread from Android Central is asking the same question:  Automatically Switch to WiFi Calls when at Home? 

My phone switches to Wi-Fi calling automatically, but I find that 30% of the time, it switches to cellular calling from Wi-Fi calling. My phone thinks the signal is good enough, which may be why it does this, but it really isn't. The signal is not good enough for me to be able to have a normal conversation. It also automatically hangs up when cellular calling tries to switch back to Wi-Fi calling and Wi-Fi calling doesn't always activate, even when I've set it to be on in my settings.  This happens quite often and is very frustrating. Any answers?

AnnS

Hi @fr0stb1te 

If you put the phone on offline (flight mode) this won't happen and you will be able to only use WiFi calling.

63johnw

Hi @fr0stb1te  as @AnnS  has said, put the phone in flight mode then turn on WiFi, that will ensure WiFi calling is active all the time. You will receive WhatsApp/iMessage etc but won’t receive text messages though.