Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Xiaomi mi 9 latest miui Vodafone rom download

Royston59
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there, can any one tell me if it's possible to download the latest Vodafone miui 12 rom?

My mobile data suddenly stopped working over the weekend but I've been on 12.0.1 for a few months now. I spoke to a miui admin on their community pages and he told me that I need to download and install the latest Vodafone miui 12 rom for my mi 9. However, I am unable to find any links to do this!

I've spoken to vf customer services and all they keep doing is fobbing me off with configuration messages and resets. Can anyone please tell me what I can do because I'm becoming more and more frustrated as the days pass! Thanks in advance :Smiling:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Just to let you know that I had to hard reset my phone and everything is working as it should! It was inconvenient but I'm pleased as my phone is working again, many thanks for your help guys @BandOfBrothers

@AnnS

View solution in original position

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Royston59 

Vodafone don't send specific links in connection to software downloads.

When an update becomes available it typically shows in the phone's software update section.

More about Vodafone Firmware Statement here … Firmware-Explained. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks @BandOfBrothers so what you're saying is I need to wait for another update to come out before it can be fixed?! That really doesn't help my situation, there must be a department in Vodafone customer services that I can speak to about this as I'm not getting the level of service I expect for what I pay a month! Any suggestions would be extremely grateful, thanks

AnnS

Hi @Royston59 

You are already on the very latest software, that is probably the reason there are no further updates on your phone.

Being unable to access mobile data is not related to software and it's probable that the phone has just temporariy lost it's connection.  To solve this you will need to update the SIM on the network, this is done by going into your network settings and selecting any other network, wait for it to reject the request, and reselect Vodafone.  Follow this with a reboot.  You can also try texting WEB to 40127 this will update the configuration settings.

Very often after any software update, you need to reset the phone, this will clear any bugs left from the previous software.

Further information from device guides here: Device Guides 

@Royston59 

Having just looked through your previous replies to this thread: https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Android/Mi-9-Miui-11-upgrade-Sim-problem/m-p/2659294#M146934 there were some issues with the APN settings after the update.  However, Vodafone should have solved the issue with the APN settings being greyed out.

If you are unable to download the settings manually speak to the Social Team, they will help on this link: Contact the Social Team 

Hi @AnnS

I'm sorry but you are wrong, none of what you have suggested has worked. My data works fine on my old phone. I know it's a software issue because I have spoken to Miui community and they are aware that it's an issue with the Vodafone roms. I just need access to these roms but as Vodafone don't allow it I'm unable to fix my problem! 

@AnnS

Thanks for the update on the previous reply, I will get in touch with them and see what they can do :Smiling:

hrym

Bear with me, because this is blindingly obvious, but ... you have checked that mobile data hasn't accidentally got turned off, haven't you?   (I've seen this happen...)

You could also check that a data bar hasn't somehow appeared on your account.

Just to let you know that I had to hard reset my phone and everything is working as it should! It was inconvenient but I'm pleased as my phone is working again, many thanks for your help guys @BandOfBrothers

@AnnS