Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

can't send message with vodafone error 0

Duck55
2: Seeker

Hi all,

So this is rather annoying as I needed to get the "8 Day Europe" package added onto my account, when I visited the local Vodafone shop I was told I can just text "8DAYEUROPE" to 40506, but when I do I get the error:

"Can't send messgae with Vodafone error 0"

Looking on forum posts on here as well as trying to use Toby which is a challenge I have been unsucessful in my endeavours to fix this issue of mine - most say it's down to a bar being on but I haven't got any bars that would prevent a text to Vodafone, I have tried to reply to the Vodafone feedback text too but get the same issue.

I'm a pay monthly customer and have a Galaxy S21 5G, I have already tried turning my phone off, removing my SIM card and waiting and I have no ideas.

I have managed to get around the issue by activating what I needed via my account but this still does need to be resolved.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Thomas_H

It's difficult to tell what's going on without looking into your account. So we can have a look into it please contact my team, if you have any screenshots of the error that would be great aswell. You can find out how to contact here

FlorenceN

Error 0 when sending messages with Vodafone? Try these steps:

1. Check network signal.
  2. Restart your device.
  3. Verify message settings.
  4. Clear message app cache.
  5. Disable Wi-Fi, enable mobile data.
  6. Test with a different recipient.
  7. Contact Vodafone support.

If the issue persists, contact Vodafone customer support for assistance.

Error0user

I recently bought Samsung S23 Ultra and realised I could only send messages to Vodafone users. I solved this issue by manually entering Message center number in phone settings. It was "Not set" by default. As far as I know, the number you must enter is different in every country. You can check it online. I Hope this helps.

larebz
1: Seeker

Sorry to bring up an old thread but having just had this same problem what worked for me was disabling RCS chats in Google messages if you are using android. I guess because this tries to use WiFi which is why it was failing.

There is an option to bypass RCS if the message fails but that option didn't work for me.