main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal
Menu Toggle
Announcements
Keeping the UK connected is our main priority. Find out how we're doing thishere.
Close announcement

Android

"Error downloading Vodafone Updates"

Highlighted
2: Seeker

Over the past week I have begun receiving daily alerts, "Error downloading Vodafone Updates". When I tap on the alert I am taken to the "Start" app which has an error message telling me that "Updates is discontinued" and "Please update to remove this app from your phone". But when I try to update, I receive an error reading "Error downloading" with a "TRY AGAIN" button. Clicking the button gives the same error.....

How do I either update or block the alert?

View more options
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
17: Community Champion

Vodafone Start has, I believe been discontinued.   Are you able to uninstall it?  If not, can you simply disable it? 

View more options
Highlighted

Hi @Kippets 

I shouldn't worry about this, with the Application being discontinued at the beginning of the year you will find the Application will eventually uninstall itself.

View more options
Highlighted
2: Seeker

Unfortunately it can neither be disabled or uninstalled being a Vodafone app and continues to give me an alert each and every day....

View more options
Highlighted

If you go Apps in the device settings menu, is there an option to turn off notifications?

View more options