Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

smart ultra 6 and google assistant

eseg
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hallo, I just bought these new noise cancelling headphones: 

Bose QC20, compatible with Samsung and selected Android.

When I press the volume down botton on the inline control, google Assistant pops up on the phone and the button does not work, all the other bottons work fine.

Bose told me to turn Google Assistant off which I did but I still get its window inviting me to turn Google Assistant on.

Is any way that I can disable this annoying assistant completely?  Thanks

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

I use the Samsung Note 10+ 5G and the Bose® SoundLink™ AE2 Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphones.

I had similar issues as I didn't want to use the Google assistant on them.

On my Samsung phone the settings were buried pretty deep and did take some time to find them and disable the assistant via the headphones.

The issue maybe is that not all phones will have the same access and settings to change / customise things.

Look to somewhere similar to Settings - Apps - Look in the options of Google Apps. 

In my case with the Samsung phone this was in Settings and one of the Google Apps on my phone.

Some phones allow Google Assistant to be turned Off completely by force stopping the app but that invariably stops it on Bluetooth headphones and the phone itself.

I wish you all the best with this situation in finding a resolution that suits your phone and headphones.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.