Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Another micro SD card doesn't work !

VodaVictim
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi all,

I bought a Vodafone Smart Prime 6, with a Samsung Evo 64 GB micro SD card.

The phone can't recognise the card. I've tried everything recommended on this site and the internet. No luck. Shop employees haven't a clue. 

Before I send back the card and try another brand, could someone tell me a brand of card that actually works on this phone ?

many thanks

15 REPLIES 15

No I haven't got one laying around ! 

I can't keep ordering this stuff from Amazon and sending it back the same day cos it doesn't work or I want to try stuff out.

Surely someone must have this working with a 64GB card !

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I agree that's the best way of someone does reply. 

Alternatively you may find your local Vodafone Store may have demo ones lying around you could try in your phone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

already tried the local stores,

very unhelpful, don't have any cards I could use, not really interested because I didn't buy the phone there !!

They did put the Samsung card in a different phone and it worked, so I know the card was OK.

hrym

It's always going to be difficult to find somewhere that will have cards you can try out and there's a compelling reason not to do that anyway: the cards are likely to have been in a number of devices and could have picked up nasties.

I think it was suggested on another thead that the speed of the card might be a factor, but I agree that constantly ordering and returning isn't really practical.  Maybe if you gave it one more go with a basic model from a known brand (I'd stick to Kingston or Sandisk), you might strike lucky.  If you don't absolutely have to have a 64gb card, a 32gb might be worth a try, too.

Edited to add: one final thought.   Have you tried formatting the card in the phone?  That sometimes does the trick.

Hi,

yes have already tried Scandisk, didn't work.

The speed is 48 MB/s for both the cards I tried. Seems to be the standard.

The speed requirement is not specified from Vodafone, so I wouldn't know what else to try.

I can't format the card in the phone, I hit the 'format' command and nothing happens. It does seem to know when there is a card present though.

Perhaps I should get a 32 GB card and try that.

I was hoping someone could give me a brand of card that would actually work.

cheers

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)
It can be a question of the speed of the card - I can't now remember the precise details, but for one phone that I had, the larger the capacity of the card, the faster the phone needed it to be.