SKYMAN513
13: Advanced Member

ON gsm arena there is news for Samsung S7 and S7 edge updates 

G930VVRU4BQG1 it says it has bug fixes and 

A fix for email in the knox 

I'm presuming that's in the secure folder part of  it 

But no mention of security,but I'm sure they will update the security as well 

Be interesting to see how long we have to wait to get it,

but it is the American version so I'm not sure wether the security policy and the update it's self is the same for us  as it  is for them 

Also it mentions the note 8 of which it says it is going to be quote a multi media power house  Hi Resolution playback and it will  have a 3.5 mm output Jack 

And the screen is said to smoke all other screens including it's own top drawer screens.

Wow I have an s7 edge and I thought that couldn't be improved but then came along the S8 

So that note 8 is going to be something special and the colour of the device shown is the coral blue variety and as I have  my 7 in coral blue I can vouch that it is an amazing  colour and it is  the best colour for not showing up fingerprints,

And they say it  could come  with airpods out of the box .(not sure wether that's just for USA but they could be trying to get back the people who loved the note 7 but had to hand there devices back .

but whether that applies to the UK I'm not sure I think from the note 7 issue the note 8 is going to be something extra special

I think i better get saving and give one a go at I though they were  for business users 

But as STEVIE1 pointed out that's not the case and especially with this device 

They do say there is a few pros and cons but I think that what they point out is personal taste imo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SKYMAN513

It's certainly going to be interesting when the Unpacked Event happens in August. 

Samsung-Unpacked-Event-23-8-17.

I think the Note 8 will have AKG tuned earphones bundled with it. AirPods you mention are an Apple accessory. 

The screen on the Note 8 is going to be bigger thsn the s8+ and will possibly have 6Gb of Ram. 

With the Note 7 issues it has to be a success. 

I've been looking at the Samsung FE (Fan Edition) which is a phone made from brand new unused Samsung Note 7 parts with a smaller battery and is currently only available in Korea with no plans yet to supply it to the Uk. One would have to import one. 

I completed an update yesterday that gave me amongst other things the July Security Patch > Heads-Up-Nougat-Update.

Along with the hardware I'm looking forward to the new Android O firmware update. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers

Hi @SKYMAN513

It's certainly going to be interesting when the Unpacked Event happens in August. 

Samsung-Unpacked-Event-23-8-17.

I think the Note 8 will have AKG tuned earphones bundled with it. AirPods you mention are an Apple accessory. 

The screen on the Note 8 is going to be bigger thsn the s8+ and will possibly have 6Gb of Ram. 

With the Note 7 issues it has to be a success. 

I've been looking at the Samsung FE (Fan Edition) which is a phone made from brand new unused Samsung Note 7 parts with a smaller battery and is currently only available in Korea with no plans yet to supply it to the Uk. One would have to import one. 

I completed an update yesterday that gave me amongst other things the July Security Patch > Heads-Up-Nougat-Update.

Along with the hardware I'm looking forward to the new Android O firmware update. 

Current Phone  >

Yes I'm squeezing cheeks at the moment as I'm unsure wether the s7 edge will get it but if it does I know it will be a while before I get it if 7 edge qualifies

Also I don't watch much t.v but when I do turn it on I am seeing a lot of OREO ads 

And you predicted a while back that OREO 

Could be the said name it's certainly up there at the top of the list.

One of my pipe dreams was to work at the fender guitars custom shop but now I'm thinking how great it must be to work for a company like GOOGLE as I'm finding this smart phone world absolutely fascinating

It's ever changing world is like music there is always something new to learn 

I may be wrong here but wasn't they also releasing the note 7 reconditioned as well 

Or that could of been what you have just stated

BandOfBrothers

In my opinion the s7 and s7 edge will get the O Update as going from past experiences a flagship phone should benefit from at lest two major firmware updates. 

So shipped with Marshmallow > Nougat > O. 

Yes there was Chinese rumours and speculation that Samsung would re release the Note 7 un sold units with smaller batteries but again not for the U.K market. 

I think they've done the better option by stating on the back of the Samsung Fe phones retail box that the phone is assembled from using brand new unused parts from the Note 7 programme. 

One downside right now is Samsung Pay won't work on this phone model. That may change if Samsung widen their supply of it.

Unfortunately people will be wary of the phone even with the smaller battery for obvious reasons. 

If Samsung released the Note 8 as the same / similar dimensions to the Note Fe I'd snap it up. 

The 'chins' on the Note Fe do look last year especially after using the s8 with its infinity display. The fe is definitely for fans and collectors. 

I recently viewed a YouTube video on the most recent O Beta release and the reviewer showed that when pressing the N icon on boot up screen an Octopus appeared on the phones screen that you could then send it around by pressing on the display. I doubt it'll be called Octopus and one comment said the eyes of the Octopus eyes looked like Oreos !

Current Phone  >

It's a bit of a range one that Samsung pay won't work on your device.as I'm being bombarded  with pull down notifications to activate it 

So as I have ignored them I can't comment wether it would work on my device as I could not use it any way 

But I think the security on your device it more advanced 

To be honest it actually scares  the ☠☠ out of me using my phone to pay for things but that is the way things are moving it seems to a cash less Society,

but I think cash will have to be around in some form 

Not all country's are as advanced  as we are that is when I realise although not perfect we are relatively lucky in this country

BandOfBrothers

Just for clarity @SKYMAN513 Samsung Pay will not work on the Samsung Note Fe due to it being an import model.  :Smiling:

Samsung Pay works fine on my Samsung Galaxy s8 and my Bank has recently come on board with it. 

I use Android Pay quite frequently and have no issues. 

Current Phone  >