Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

BUMPER Christmas free 50GB of data

jools46
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Ive received a text today to say I have 50GB of free UK data included in my next big value bundle if I text 49500 before my next bundle expires. 49500 isnt accepting the texts?  will this just be automatically added when payment is taken from my acount in a few days time on exipry??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Ok.

Personally I'd give Live Chat a try. 

Access this his from a computer. 

Hope all goes ok. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers

Are you a new payg customer as this looks like the FAQs to the 50gb of data http://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/consumer/mobile/pay-as-you-go/Vodafone-Big-Value-Bund...

Edit : Do you need to text a word between a certain dates 

Current Phone  >

No Ive been a customer since around February.  I'll just see what happens when my current one expires, just thought if its free then grab it while you can  :smileyvery-happy:.  thanks for your reply. 

BandOfBrothers

Vodafone did a similar offer in 2014 where a person had to opt in by sending the word FROZEN to that short code number between the opt in dates so I wondered if it was a similar opt in process. 

Does the text message give any indication. 

If you want to make sure then perhaps use Live Chat from a computer to ask. 

Current Phone  >

sorry yes it stated text BUMP to 49500 before expiry of current bundle.  but doesnt accept it.  states "opt in event criteria was not matched".  never mind thanks again

BandOfBrothers

Ok.

Personally I'd give Live Chat a try. 

Access this his from a computer. 

Hope all goes ok. 

Current Phone  >

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@jools46

I'd read your earlier posts to mean that you got some sort of "invalid number" response to 49500. I had received the same invitation, but had originally decided not to take it up, as I live in an area of very poor signal (don't get anywhere near 500MB in 30 days!). However, having seen your post, I decided to give it a shot to see what happened, and also got the "Opt-in event criteria was not matched" response.

I also tried BUMPER for luck, just in case the message had gone wrong, but that was even worse - ""Unfortunately your text hasn't been recognised, Check the spelling or keyword and try again."

I see that you've marked @BandOfBrothers's last post as the solution - does this mean that Live Chat managed to sort it out for you, or should I report this as still being an issue?

Annie.

Hi Annie

Im new to this forum so marked it as solution for myself only, I havent contacted live chat yet as still have a few days left before my current budle expires.  I will contact them probably tomorrow or sunday.  please go ahead and report it as an issue.  

best wishes julie

Annie_N

Hi Julie

I had decided in the meantime that I'd go ahead and flag this as a possible issue. It may just be you and me affected, in which case it's not a major problem, but if numbers of others are affected, it has the potential to be something of an irritant in the run-up to Christmas.

I haven't yet topped up, so there isn't a sufficient balance on my account to pay for the next BVB, and I wondered if the "Opt-in event criteria was not matched" business was just a warning that I wasn't automatically going to get the 50GB - though it did seem to come back too promptly for the system to have interrogated my account in the meantime!

Please report back on how you get on with Live Chat.

Annie.