Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Broadband poor upload speed with Vodafone router

gofor
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Unlimited Fibre 76

I just joined Vodafone broadband and am  thinking of canceling my policy. On the router it states I  have an upload speed of 9mb yet when I connect to any server I have tested it on I am only getting 1.1mb (attached image show one example.

I have tested this by making sure all divices are uplugged except 1 pc which is connected with ethernet to the router which is in turn plugged directly into the main BT socket. Any advice appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I do not use the Vodafone Broadband service or router but I do use BT's and the HH5.

When I was having issues the following helped me...

• Tried replacing Ethernet cable. 
  • Wifi will reduce the experience. 
  • Reset the Router. 
  • Changed Wireless Channel. 
  • Split the frequencies in the router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz. 

A person does have a 30 day cooling off period. 

Alternatively,

Got a question?

08080 034 515
(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)
Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @gofor

During the initial installation period, whilst your line management works out the speed your line is capable of achieving, it is normal to receive slower speeds.  During this time it is advised not to turn off your router.

There is further information for you on the link below.

Broadband Support 

Hi 

Thanks for the suggetions...

"BandOfBrothers"

sadly I have done all your suggestions with no change.

"AnnS"

Yes this is true however this problem was from day 1 and it is well past the 10 day period so it is now settled at to correct speed. 1mb as opposed to 8-9mb is not a slight fluctuation, something is not right

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome @gofor

In the extreme it can take up to 30 days to settle. 

Can you try the Ookla Speedtest software to check again. 

Current Phone  >

The Ookla Speedtest states I am getting 46.5mb DL and 8.1mb UL so I am not saying the router is not receiving this amount. I am saying that when tested in the real world (various servers, googledrive, etc) I am only achieving 1.1mb UL. Something is stopping me getting the correct amount. It is not my end as I have tried numerous computers, cables and when I was with BT with a normal service (not infinity) I was getting 2mb UL’s so something is not right.

BandOfBrothers

Fair enough. 

Hopefully Vodafone Support will be able to access your account and investigate for you. 

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @gofor

When you contact Vodafone about your broadband speed, it might be an idea to ask them to reset the DLM on the line, this may improve the speed you are getting.  Further information below.

Fibre Optic Broadband

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @gofor

So we can take a look into this, please contact our dedicated Broadband Live Chat team and we'll be happy to help.