Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Complaint

Agjaye1
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi . Writing this in desperation. My household has 3 Vodaphone mobile contracts, plus I have a works phone on Vodaphone contract. Despite being a good customer I have been unable to unlock (unblock) my daughters phone since 21 Jan. Tried chat, phone and even going to Vodaphone branch in Woking. All a waste of time. Think it’s time to start looking for an alternative provider. Does anyone knows how I can escalate without going  through an ineffective call centre in India ? Thanks Andrew

9 REPLIES 9

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @Agjaye1 can you explain a little bit more as to what your problem is? Do you need to unlock the phone for use on another network?

Hi. No just want to be able to use vodaphone mobile with Vodaphone SIM card.  It was blocked Saturday night and have been trying to unlock since 21 Jan. Spent hours on chat room etc

63johnw

Why was it blocked ?

My daughter couldn’t find her phone so blocked mobile thinking it was lost but found it next morning.  This has been fully explained. Phone is under my name 

63johnw

Ah, ok nothing fellow customers here can help with as account access required.

I was hoping someone would know how to escalate within Vodaphone organisation . I am struggling to get anyone to help 

BandOfBrothers

Hi @Agjaye1

Was the phone imei blocked by speaking with Vodafone Customer Services  ?

Did she block the phone also by logging into findmyiphone/Samsung etc ?

If its imei blocked by the network then I have seen previous posts where its not always as seamless as it should be to unblock. Id suggest to calling Vodafone and ask for a senior agent  / super user to be involved. 

Failing that we do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and wait for them to catch up with your post and they'll help you with this situation if they can. 

Does your daughters sim card work in another phone ? Just asking to ensure its not actually her sim card that has a block on it which is what is usually applied to stop unauthorised usage. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

hrym

It's worth trying the SIM in another phone as this will point to how the block was put in place.   If it doesn't work, then the block is just on the account or the SIM itself and should be reversible readily easily.   There may be a security process you have to go through to prove you really are the owner, but that should be all.  It might be necessary to get a new SIM - I'm not sure.   If the SIM works, it's possible that the block is at IMEI level and that can, I believe, be more complicated to reverse.

I think your best bet, after doing this test (please post the result), is to wait for the forum team as they can contact you privately to get account access and find out what's happened.

I blocked a mislaid phone oncce and the unblock was relatively simple.  However, it was a long time ago and the procedures may have changed.  I do seem to remember a discussion about whether it was a permanent loss or whether I thought I might find it again, which would presumably have affected what was done.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

@Agjaye1 Sorry to hear that you've been unable to get your daughters phone unbarred. So we can look into this for you, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.