Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Unable to raise a Broadband order via Vodafone Website

aroberton
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi 

I am unable to raise a broadband order for postcode G11 7EX.  I have spoken to Sales who can't help nor will raising a complaint (need to be a customer).  Any idea where to go as I would (despite customer service non-success) like to go with Vodafone rather than another provider.

The message I get when at the order information page is 'Unfortunately, it looks like something has gone wrong. Please try again.'  I saw an old post that mentioned an issue with certain addresses being incorrectly formatted but not sure if this is the same or similar.  Would be grateful if anyone can help.

7 REPLIES 7

Jason

Hi @aroberton. We understand how concerning this must have been to see. I've popped the above postcode into our Broadband availability checker, trying half a dozen addresses at random and haven't encountered any issues. I've also checked all properties under this postcode and they're all showing registered both on Openreach and CityFibre. Have you tried clearing your browser cache/cookies, or poppied into Private/Incognito mode in your web browser and tried again?

Hi Jason, 

Thanks for your response.  I have tried placing the order using Edge / Safari and Firefox on five different devices, clearing all history / cookies on each and also using different mobile and broadband networks.  I have also tried private mode as well as choosing different options / broadband speeds on the site.  Every time I get to the install details page I receive the same message (red text) as per the screen shot below.

IMG_0666.PNG 

Thanks

Thanks for trying, @aroberton

When you spoke with the Sales Team, did they provide any indication as to why the order wasn't successful? I understand that you've attempted to speak with them before, but I would recommend reaching out to them on Live Chat, so that they can provide further insight into why there's an issue with the order being placed.

Hi Charlotte,

Thanks for your reply.  I spoke to someone on Live Chat and via phone and was told that it was a fault with the referral company (Giftcloud) and that I should contact them.  They offered to place an order but would not honour the gift card.  I contacted Giftcloud who explained that as it was an issue with the Vodafone website (Broadband Installation (vodafone.co.uk)) I need to take it up with Vodafone.  I confirmed this myself by attempting an order directly on the website (not through any referral).  Both the chat bot and then the agents are not particularly helpful as this issue is outwith the script and I have already wasted so much time explaining that I do not have an account number etc. etc.  Not sure I have the energy to try again (having asked many times for a contact that understands the website).  It's a shame as I would like to go with Vodafone but it is being made rather difficult!

I'm sorry to hear that @aroberton as I can appreciate the frustration this has all caused. I will ensure this feedback is passed onto the relevant teams so we can improve the level of service and care all of our agents provide in the future. In regards to your order not processing, it may be that the address is not correctly registered in our systems so we can raise a request to have that looked into. In order for us to do that, please drop a message to the Social Media Team here and provide them a link to this thread or screenshots so they know that you have been sent over. 

Hi Effie,  Thanks for your response.  I tried using the chat and got the following response:

We’re very sorry to hear about your loss. We'll try to make this as easy as we can. We have a form you can fill out below: Bereavement form

Any other ideas?

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for coming back to us @aroberton - Was this through Live Chat or have you reached out to my team on Social Media, via X (formally Twitter), Facebook or Instagram?