Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract extended without my knowledge/permission

Richard04
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Back around July I got fed up of being charged for extra data usage, then a text message came through offering 2gb more than my current data allowance for just a few pounds more.... turned out that was completely misleading and didn't take into account my already paid for extra 2gb and ended up paying loads more for just 1gb more than I already had.

So I got on the phone to customer services and complained, and good as gold, the guy I spoke to suggested a swap to a red value bundle instead.  I was told there was no new contract and that my monthly payments would be adjusted to £53 a month (which was pretty much what I was paying for the handset anyway).

however... that was September.   My contract end date was march 2017.  Just out of curiosity I checked again tonight as I was looking to go to a sim only deal in March due to paying over double to get less.

I then noticed my contract has been extended to September 2018!!!  I did not at any point agree to this, and to repeat myself, I was told there was no new contract at the time of changing my bundle!!!

there is no way on earth I'm paying £53 a month for an extra year and a half when I would be paying just £22 for a sim only deal!  If I had been made aware of this at the time then I would have rejected this "helpful" customer service agents advice and just stayed with what I had!

I'm really hoping this is a mistake on vodafones part,  because right now I'm furious!!!

I've seen a fair few people have had similar experiences here and I'm just wondering how they went about getting this shambles sorted out.    Short of going to trading standards and reporting it as fraud.  How can they extend or even give you a new contract without your permission???

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Richard04

I can certainly Appreciate that seeing changes you were not aware of being a shock. 

I would suggest engaging with Customer service on 191 or Live Chat so they can check your account and look at any account notes to resolve this. 

If you choose to use Live Chat then remember to request a copy of the transcript before ending the session. It's an idea to screenshot it too just in case the email to you glitches. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Certainly a place to start! I was planning a trip to town to talk in person but they usually fob you off and tell you to call customer services anyway so I'll try 191 first and see where I end up! hopefully they resolve it there and then.

Just thought I'd get some insight to others experience here in the mean time so I knew what to expect as I move forward with this. Thanks for taking the time to reply!

BandOfBrothers

You're welcome. 

The High street store wouldn't be able to help apart from maybe letting you use the in house phone. They are there to open new contract, upgrade and sell products. 

Best of luck. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Prod
1: Seeker

I have had the exact same issue (and timeframe) and after 4 live chats sessions it is still not resolved. 

I wanted extra data in my package and now Vodafone, without consent, added another 18 months to my contract term.

I would be keen to understand my position.

Rahim
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Prod We'd like to check this for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.