Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Cooling Off Period Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Recently joined fibre 36 but due to low speed and constant wan disconnections phoned to say I was leaving before end of cooling off period. Agent said had fault on line and also convinced me to upgrade to fibre 76 as would help with speed and be more stable. Openreach came out next day and fixed faults but he also said my line would not go above 30mb, so I’m now on fibre 76 with a guaranteed minimum speed of 27.4 which is the same as I was guaranteed on fibre 36. Since engineer left last Friday my speed has dropped to the minimum guaranteed and the wan disconnections are back usually one an hour.

When I upgraded to fibre 76, the agent said I again had a cooling off period, my question is if anybody can answer? Is the  cooling off period to return back to fibre 36 or can I leave vodafone free of charge? The cooling off period on fibre 36 has now expired by the way.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have just spoken to an adviser in your UK retention team and asked to cancel my broadband.  The adviser insists the cooling off period is 30 days, when I challenged this and said I thought it was 14 days for broadband he said no, it's 30 days.  The call reference is 1-A7PRQF93 if you would like to listen to the call.

View solution in original position

21 REPLIES 21

So after I had chased Vodafone for days, asking for official confirmation that notification of migration to other ISP was received within 30 days colling period, I have received below email this morning right after services were migrated to new ISP..   Shocking!

We’re very sorry to hear you’re planning on leaving us.

If you haven’t asked another provider to take over your services, it’s important to get in touch. Please call us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 08080 034 515 from any other UK mobile or landline.

Otherwise, if you have asked another provider to do this and you’d still like to go ahead, there are just a few important things to know about making the switch.

But first, we wanted to remind you about what you’ll be leaving behind:

• No line rental charges: since 9th August 2016, all our fibre broadband plans have come with no line rental charges.
  • Money off your mobile: you could save even more with discounts on our mobile plans.
  • Truly unlimited usage: unlike some broadband providers, Vodafone Unlimited Broadband has no usage caps – so you can stream to your heart’s content, and never worry about extra charges.
  • Family Time: control how and when each of your family’s devices can use your Wi-Fi.
  • Guest Login: give visitors Wi-Fi access with just the touch of a button using the Vodafone Broadband app.
  • Beam: automatically focus your Wi-Fi to specific compatible devices for a stronger signal – wherever you are in the house.
  • Boost: share more of your Wi-Fi signal with the device that needs it most to prioritise your downloads.

Should you wish to keep your Home Broadband and Phone with us, please let us know by midday two working days before your cancellation date on . Any later than this and unfortunately we may not be able to stop your services moving to your new provider.

Still set on leaving? Then we’ll cancel your broadband and phone services on :

Phone number: xxxxxxxxxxx

Your final charges
We’ll continue billing you as normal up to the date of your disconnection, and credit you the following month for any days’ extra line rental you may have paid. We’ll keep billing you for any remaining services.

If you haven’t reached the end of your contract, we’ll need to charge an early termination fee. We estimate this will be £, which includes a one-off cancellation charge, and termination charges up to the last day of your contract. It’ll appear on your final monthly bill, which will arrive after your service with us has ended. You can find out how this fee is calculated in your Vodafone Home Broadband Price Plan information

You may also have to pay for third-party service charges you’ve incurred – for example, engineer visits for any line faults that were on your premises, or any missed engineer appointments. It can take up to three months for us to bill you for these.

What happens next
Your broadband service will automatically switch to your new chosen provider – so there’s nothing you need to do.

When your service with us ends, your landline, broadband and any linked features (like our Content Control, for example) will stop working – so if you have anything important saved, such as answerphone messages, we recommend checking your voicemail before your notice period ends.

And please be aware, even if you’re only transferring one part of your Vodafone Home Broadband and Phone service to another provider (e.g. just your broadband, or just your phone), we’ll have to disconnect both – so you may be left without any service.

For more information on any of the charges mentioned, please visit our website. And, again, if you didn’t request this cancellation, or if you’re having second thoughts, please call us free on 191 from a Vodafone mobile or 08080 034 515 from any other UK mobile or landline.
Thank you, The Customer Care Team.
We've sent this email to you automatically, so unfortunately you can't reply to it directly.

Same happened to me, emails etc after I had actually left.