Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Customer services response needed

KevinSunderland
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does anyone know how to get a response from vodafone customer services?  They sent my phone away for a warranty repair, and returned it without a back.  The shop won't return my calls, the online chat doesn't get any kind of follow-up.  I wrote a letter to the head office two weeks ago, and still nothing.  This is the absolute worst customer service ever.  I am writing to the ombudsman next week.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Have to tried calling Customer Service on 191.

May I ask was your letter sent as Recorded Delivery so you can track it and know it has been signed for.

Did you post it to..

Customer Relations Manager

Vodafone Limited
The Connection
Newbury
Berkshire
RG14 2FN

One of the pieces of advice by Vodafone is....

"Also make sure when sending your device for repair that you keep hold of your SIM. You also shouldn't send your memory cards, battery and/or back cover (if they're removable) - if these are included with your phone when it goes for repair we can't guarantee their return."

It may now be difficult in obtaining the original back cover as I assume the Repair Centre is a large building. However if so if this was my situation I'd ask for a replacement to be supplied if possible. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @KevinSunderland

If you arranged the repair through a store, they should have advised you to keep the back cover and any accessories, repair centres can easily lose the these.

However, replacement back covers can easily be found through online sites. You don't mention the make of phone sent away but here is one site.

http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/battery_covers/samsung/

If you source a replacement back cover, live chat should be able to arrange a credit to reimburse you for the replacement.

If you have any problems, please come back to the forum for a member of the Team to help.

It is a Smart Prime 6.  The shop never told me to keep the back, they just sent it away.  Now they won't return my calls (Northumberland street in  Newcastle).  I have called 191 three or four times already, no one seems to do anything.  The online chat was the same.

The shop said they would arrange a replacement back, but haven't.  It is now nearly three months.

I wrote to the head office address in the previous post, in Berks.  Two weeks later - nothing.

Reading the other threads on here is depressing, it seems this kind of thing is common.

They are obvoiusly wanting as many people as possible to go to O2.

Hi,

They should have advised. 

The shop I think wouldn't be able to help you with this. Customer service is the route I'd say. 

There is some contact information in this link you could use. 

Vodafone Code of Practice.

Sometimes a person can pick up a non working model on auction sites cheap that's for spares and parts which the back cover could be used from. 

Current Phone  >

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

@KevinSunderland  As @AnnS suggested and I would agree it will be faster and far less hassle for you to source a replacement yourself and then reclaim the cost from Vodafone.

The shop should really have told you not to send the back of the phone,  we have seen posts like these before and maybe the shops need reminding of Vodafone's own instructions to remove the back when taking a phone in for repair.

AnnS

Hi @KevinSunderland

If you put the phone model into the site posted, they will source a back cover for the make of phone for a total charge of £10.98.This will be quicker than waiting for Vodafone or the store to get back to you.

Please give live chat a try, they will be able to arrange a goodwill credit.

If you have any problems getting the credit, please come back to the forum and a member of the Team will be able to add the credit.

Thanks.  I will try and buy one from that website.  I've tried the online chat, and called 191 several times.  The last time, the guy said he couldn't do anything other than cancel the contract, or sell me a new phone!  Funnily, I wasn't  that keen.

The phone was less than a year old, still under warranty.  They replaced it with something that wasn't fit for purpose.  I have a copy of the letter I sent.  I will send that to the ombudsman.  Has anyone gone to small claims over this kind of thing?

The Communications Ombudsman would ask that you gave Vodafone 8 weeks to come to a resolution. To circumvent that Vodafone would have to agree to supply a deadlock letter. 

For small claims you'd need to check small print but last time I checked there was approximately a £25 fee. 

Current Phone  >

kids

@KevinSunderland The court fees in the small claims court are:

up to £court fee £