Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Dongle only flashing red

marshallbigstak
4: Newbie

hi there my dongle is only flashing red and i can`t get online ,my current data usage expires on 20th 0f jan and my account informs me i have 0.9 of 1gb left of a 1 gb £10 package ,so i have lots remaining, i have re-installed the dongle to no avail  .it has been like this for the last two days ,by the way i am posting this message from a different pc, just in case you were wondering lol .thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

drey_p
16: Advanced member

Hi there

On a dongle, the red flashing light can mean that there is no signal or a SIM card issue such as a faulty SIM card or incorrectly inserted SIM card. It could also mean that the device is faulty. If you have an unlocked handset or one supplied by Vodafone, please could you try the SIM card in it to see if the SIM card is working. This should help to narrow down where the issue is.

It may also be an idea to enter your postcode into the Network Status Checker to see if there are any reported signal issues in your area. Do bear in mind that you may need to zoom out to see any issues. 

PWIAC

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

drey_p

Hi there

On a dongle, the red flashing light can mean that there is no signal or a SIM card issue such as a faulty SIM card or incorrectly inserted SIM card. It could also mean that the device is faulty. If you have an unlocked handset or one supplied by Vodafone, please could you try the SIM card in it to see if the SIM card is working. This should help to narrow down where the issue is.

It may also be an idea to enter your postcode into the Network Status Checker to see if there are any reported signal issues in your area. Do bear in mind that you may need to zoom out to see any issues. 

PWIAC

thanks for your reply ,i forgot there was a simm in the dongle ,i will have a look at it ,thanks will let you know how it goes on later

thanks problem solved .i just had to move the dongle into a different place and it worked ,i still can`t understand why all of a sudden it woundn`t work where it was normally  positioned and had worked fine for ages but , hey! oh! .thanks