Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Error 500, 2011 Trying to Add New User

JohnGG
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a Sure Signal (43172021404) registered to my account and working well with my number (ported from Talk Mobile) - great.

However, I cannot add another number, also ported from Talk Mobile, trying to do so gives the error 500, 2011.

This issue was first escalated a week ago on September 21 2017 and I've chased it since on Live Chat and 191.  Very friendly and understanding operators but unfortunately no solution.

Could you either allow me to register new users, or, if it won't be possible just let me know and I'll take the Sure Signal back for a refund?

Thanks for any assistance.

7 REPLIES 7

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi,

It certainly sounds like Vodafone’s systems are still seeing the number as not theirs but talk mobile still which I’ve seen happen before. Usually this clears up by itself when the porting has fully settled and updated on their systems. 

Customer service via phone and Live Chat have account access so whatever they have done / doing will hopefully resolve this. 

Have they tried to add the numbers for you ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Thanks for your post.

Yes, on 191 and Live Chat they have tried to add the number and they encounter the same 500, 2011 error.  At this point they escalate via email to another department, but unfortately that's where the trail goes cold, nothing changes.

That's why I'm hoping someone here from Vodafone can make a call one way or the other - either fix the problem or just say they can't.  I'm fine with either, I'd just like to know one way or the other.

BandOfBrothers

Its got to be the porting In then and the system still not accepting it as a Vodafone Number. As I say i think this is going to need time to settle. 

That said we do have a Vodafone Social Media Team here who read all posts and help where they can so please let them catch up with your post and I'm sure that they will help you with this situation if they can.

Best of luck with this. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

marriar
4: Newbie

I've had the same problem for over a week with a phone whose number was ported to Vodafone network 3 years ago, and previously worked fine with my old Sure Signal.   New sure signal (old one broke down) and phone now won't connect.   Used live chat, 191 and posting on this site.  Lots of nice words and assurances that it will be sorted quickly, but no effect.  The people who really understand the system and can sort it are in short supply.

When it works Sure Signal is great, but when it doesn't it will drive you to point of despair.  I'm on the verge of sending mine back, transferring the phones to someone cheaper and  accepting we will have no phone reception at home, at least I'll never waste any more evenings negotiating the labyrinth of Vodafone's abysmal customer customer support systems.         

Good luck!

No response from the Vodafone Social Media Team yet.

I called 191 again.  Very polite and apologetic as usual.  They say wait up to 48 yours and it will be fixed.  Will be great if that's true but, after being told this three times before and having been disappointed, I'm a little sceptical.

Anyway, I'll report back if it's fixed or if it's not after 48 hours.

Well blow me down, my scepticism was misplaced - it's working. :Smiling:

The "problem" number received a text saying it had beed added to the Sure Signal, sure enough it shows on my account.  The phone didn't use the Sure Signal at first but did after a reboot.

Fantastic!  Thanks Voda.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Thanks for updating us @JohnGG, I'm glad to hear this is now working for you :Smiling:

@marriar I've responded to your other post here.