Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Galaxy S4 weekly reboot loop since last 4.4.2 upgrade

BlueLilly
2: Seeker

Please can someone from Tech support contact me to discuss options on getting my device fixed. Since the last OTA upgrade (4.4.2) my device periodically goes into an endless reboot loop on a weekly basis. I know from searching online this is a common issue with S4's and that it may be related to either the SIM or the battery. Given that the only way to get my device to come out of the reboot loop is to connect it to the power cable, perhaps it's the battery? Whatever the cause, I'd like to talk to someone about how to get it fixed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BlueLilly
Thanks for the suggestion of the rock test which was positive. Samsung have now sent me a battery replacement which seems to be working fine

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

hrym
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If the phone works OK when it's plugged in, I'd suspect the battery.  If you take it out and place it on a flat surface, can you rock it?  If so, that's conclusive evidence that it's exhausted.  At least Samsung ones are user-replaceable.  Even if the rock test is negative, I'd still try a replecement.   There's not a huge demand retail and the best source is online.   Yes, it's difficult to know if you're getting a genuine one (bearing in mind that manufacturers don't make their own batteries anyway), so all you can do is pay a reasonable price and use a UK-based supplier.   There are also dedicated battery speciallists and I've used MDS Battery in the past and found them good.

Batteries can simply come to the end of their charge-cycle life (around 1000 times usually), but this can be shortened if you let them go flat, so always try to recharge when you get to 20% and turn off if it gets as low as 10%.

BlueLilly
Thanks for the suggestion of the rock test which was positive. Samsung have now sent me a battery replacement which seems to be working fine