Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

HTC A9 fingerprint scanner to wake up

fordy_87
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there,

I have just received my second A9 after my first was replaced due to a battery fault. Small problem, I cannot seem to use the fingerprint scanner to wake up and unlock my phone. I have check that the setting is correct for the scanner to do this.

On HTC website they say "You may not be able to set the fingerprint scanner to unlock HTC One A9, if you've signed in to an Exchange ActiveSync account that requires you to set a different screen lock option (such as password). Check with your Exchange Server administrator if your Exchange ActiveSync account supports the fingerprint scanner."

I have looked everywhere and can't find anything with Exchange activSync account on my phone. Is it hidden away somewhere? Or has anyone else had to change account settings due to this problem?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have contacted HTC support online chat, and after various settings and resets it looks like I will have to return it to vodafone. Two a9s in a row to have a problem, and I've only had this one for 3 hours!!! Lets hope for 3rd time lucky

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

63johnw
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi, as far as I know, exchange active sync relates to a work account, my work phone security can be set by my employer and HTC may be referring to this?

I have contacted HTC support online chat, and after various settings and resets it looks like I will have to return it to vodafone. Two a9s in a row to have a problem, and I've only had this one for 3 hours!!! Lets hope for 3rd time lucky