Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to Reset Voicemail access Code

ACProctor
3: Seeker
3: Seeker
I am currently outside of the UK (in Ireland) and I need to access my voicemail. I was asked for an access code but I don't recall setting one up. I tried to guess but access is now blocked. Can you tell me how to reset my voicemail access code?

I rang the customer services number(s) but ended up in "menu loops" and never got to an advisor -- my credit is therefore nearly all gone. The chat facility is currently "unavailable" and I have been trying it for nearly an hour now.

Is there a Web-based method, or some way of actually getting help from an advisor?
13 REPLIES 13

What page are you looking at there? On http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/consumer/pay-as-you-go/index.htm, the 'Live Chat' is part-way down the page. Even when I log into my account page, I see no option like that one.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@ACProctor

I'm on http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-us/consumer/pay-as-you-go/index.htm#tab-content - scrolling about half way down the page, I get this:

Illustration36.png

If I click Start Live Chat, ringed above, I then get this:

Illustration37.png

I'm not logged in to my online account,although I am logged in to my Forum account. But logging out of my Forum account doesn't appear to make any difference.

Do you not get anything when you click Start Live Chat? Or something else? FWIW, I'm using Google Chrome as the browser on my PC.

That's the option I've been clicking, but it always says "Busy - Please wait" or something about it being "Unavailable". Just now, for instance, it's "busy", and there's a box below it saying "We’re currently experiencing high call volumes - sorry for any inconvenience. Why not speak to an adviser online using Live Chat? Alternatively you can get help and advice using the My Vodafone app or our support site, or by logging in to your account."

I have never see it in a ready state. I hope it's not because I'm using an Irish ISP!

Annie_N

@ACProctor wrote:

I have never see it in a ready state. I hope it's not because I'm using an Irish ISP!

Ah, that conceivably casts some light on matters. With the previous Contact Us page, there appeared to be some issues with using it from overseas, although exactly what the issues were seemed a very complicated matter.

I'll report it, because we have definitely been here before, but I rather fear that I'll be told that there isn't an issue with connecting from "overseas". Except for the occasional "busy", I've been seeing the green light pretty much continuously on the PAYG tab since about 2 days into the present mad rush on the PayM tab, so if you are never seeing it green, something is going on.