Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Imagebam.com is blocked

lahiru
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Hi,

I am new to vodafone home broadband and i've noticed imagebam.com is blocked. I checked my content control and it is already turned off. Could i know why it is blocked and how could i unblock it please. If there is a valid reason to block it, i would like to know it and i want to know the list of other sites which blocked? Then i am thinking whether i am staying with vodafone or go back to my previous provider.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MongooseGeneral
2: Seeker

This is a feature of Vodafone broadband unfortunately. Assuming you are getting the same problem myself and others have had with the likes of imgur.com.

Here's more info:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Website-security-certificate-coming-fro...

Essentially you can change the router's DNS settings to get around it - from a post in there:

"I logged into the router - 192.168.1.1, choose INTERNET / DNS & DDNS page, and set DNS to manual.

I then enter Google open DNS which are  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

This seems to get around the issue."

Hopefully that will work for you. It's pretty useless that we have to do this even when we have disabled content control, but as with most things Vodafone don't seem interested in fixing it.

Apologies if that's not the problem you're having.

View solution in original position

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

It may need white listing. 

Have you tried clearing caches and cookies and try again and or try another browser. Ensure no security suites or firewall is hindering you. 

Maybe speak with the broadband Tech Team on..

Got a question?

08080 034 515

(free from all UK landlines and mobiles)

Lines are open between 8am and 11pm, seven days a week

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Yes i've cleared all cache and history tried on safsari, chrome and firefox. All the time same result.

BandOfBrothers

A conundrum. 

Can you ask Vodafone Tech?

I don't use Vodafone Broadband I'm sorry. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I ve contacted tech team, they looked at my account and said content control is already turned off. I said yes i turned off it but still has the problem. They said they cant see any problem. Not satisfied

MongooseGeneral

This is a feature of Vodafone broadband unfortunately. Assuming you are getting the same problem myself and others have had with the likes of imgur.com.

Here's more info:

http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/t5/Pay-monthly-products-services/Website-security-certificate-coming-fro...

Essentially you can change the router's DNS settings to get around it - from a post in there:

"I logged into the router - 192.168.1.1, choose INTERNET / DNS & DDNS page, and set DNS to manual.

I then enter Google open DNS which are  8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

This seems to get around the issue."

Hopefully that will work for you. It's pretty useless that we have to do this even when we have disabled content control, but as with most things Vodafone don't seem interested in fixing it.

Apologies if that's not the problem you're having.

Thanks MonogooseGeneral your solution worked. I dont know why the vodafone people can't do that. 

MongooseGeneral

Yeah it's pretty ridiculous that we are not allowed to make the decision for ourselves about content control (it's disabled on mine as well, basically the first thing I did when I set the router up).

I resent that even though I have turned it off Vodafone are still effectively filtering what I can look at - not really OK in 2016!

Get used to it, the recently enacted snoopers charter will only make this worse.